PDA

View Full Version : Please help, problem blue turquoise discus

danigle
Wed Sep 24, 2008, 04:50 AM
I have a blue turquoise discus with off color and really long and stringy poo, the color of it is white semi-transparent. I had this discus sick for a while and I placed it on a hospital tank.
I have treat it with Praziquantel and Metronidazole. This tummy is bloated so i have also added salt to the water. This discus have been sick for at least a month I have run out of ideas of what to do. As it now is being treated with Metronidazole 400mg, the tank is around 22l so i put 1 and half tablets, and also add salt. The discus has lost a lot of the weight and now refuses to eat anything, I have tried with frozen bloodworms, flakes, JBL discus bites and live black worms, dipped on garlic and without it.
Please, I don't know what else to try any more.

waitaki
Wed Sep 24, 2008, 12:53 PM
It might be a secondary stomach infection. Do you have a good fish vet near you? If it has been sick for a month it will be hard to treat. I don't think metro is going to help now.

Xtreme
Wed Sep 24, 2008, 01:36 PM
Hi there,
Sad to hear this about ur fish
Mayb up ur metro dose to atleast 800mg per 40ltrs per 12hrs then add some epsom salt to try and unblock anything but i think its past that now but try again wont harm
run ur metro course for atleast 12 days

HTH

danigle
Thu Sep 25, 2008, 01:56 AM
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately there is no vet near me that do fish. During the time he has been sick i had treat the fish with metro several times with no luck. I'll try and increase the metro dosage, as suggested by extreme, and see if anything happens. I don't have much hope anyways.

Thank you

waitaki
Thu Sep 25, 2008, 05:25 AM
Hope the increase in metro works for Danigle, I had a similiar problem with on of mine, I had Dr Loh come and take a look unfortunately he died before he got to see him. But I think I was treating a wrong illness, that is why I'm not sure about the metro and I can't remember what Dr Loh said the possible cause was and the treatment. But hopefully yours will get better