PDA

View Full Version : Need help ID'ing

dthomo
Fri Sep 19, 2008, 04:36 AM
Hi All,

I need some help with this big guy not sure what he is the guy I got him from called it a Blue Flora

Regards,
Dave

gypsy3
Fri Sep 19, 2008, 05:50 AM
looks like a red turk to me

dthomo
Fri Sep 19, 2008, 05:52 AM
I have 2 Red Turks and this guy is not like them the lines on the body are grey.

JT
Fri Sep 19, 2008, 06:54 AM
i think it's blue turk

BigDaddyAdo
Fri Sep 19, 2008, 07:20 AM
Id prolly go with blue turq also.....maybe a cross...

Ado

mcloughlin2
Fri Sep 19, 2008, 07:31 AM
He isn't a red turk thats for sure. Red turquoise have red on them hence the name :lol:

I'd put my vote on blue turquoise :wink:

It kinda looks like a cobolt but has too many striations on the body . . .

dthomo
Fri Sep 19, 2008, 07:57 AM
I should also mention he doesnt get any stress bars so that would rule out Blue Turq to.

pink66
Fri Sep 19, 2008, 09:38 AM
Hi dthomo....

It is indeed a very good question.. Finn (my first discus) has almost the exact markings except the red on the fins is more pronounced.. I have looked and looked and there is a post on the forum that gives lots of pics of the various colours and the closest I have come up with is a brilliant turquoise... but unfortunately, I am still not sure..

I have added 2 pics - the first is from the website as a Brilliant Turquoise, the second is Finn (sorry my pic does not show her true colour though she is much brighter than that).. I hope this is of assistance in id'ing him...

But I must say, I really like him

mcloughlin2
Fri Sep 19, 2008, 12:53 PM
Unless something has changed or I'm out of touch . . :? I thought all discus except pigeon bloods had bars . .

It was my belief that some discus tend to never show them unless under extreme stress. Also what is your location. I know of one local aquarium who sells blue turquoise as blue flora cause thats what they are purchased as! :wink:

Hollowman
Fri Sep 19, 2008, 03:17 PM
It's a blue turq

dthomo
Sat Sep 20, 2008, 12:07 PM
I put this up on another site and they come back with Brilliant Blue does anyone know is there a difference between the Brilliant and the Blue Turq.

Thanks for everyones help.

Cheers,
Dave

MSD
Sat Sep 20, 2008, 03:35 PM
A brilliant blue is a turq. with a deeper blue color. I hate the name games with discus, there are several names for the same fish with slightly different coloring, very confusing.