PDA

View Full Version : Snaeskin patterns/colours

ml29
Wed Jan 05, 2005, 05:01 AM
I was just wondering at what age/size do snakeskins show their full patterns and colours.

wyldchyld01
Wed Jan 05, 2005, 05:44 AM
age i'm not too sure, but if it helps i have 3 solid blue snakeskins that are 5 cm (nose to caudal puncal) and they are showing colour

Brenton

nag
Wed Jan 05, 2005, 03:50 PM
Hi:

4" size; which is normally attained in about 10 months...
Bye,

sunshinediscus
Wed Jan 05, 2005, 09:05 PM
Highly variable from thumbnail size to almost full grown. Snakeskins tend to test ones patience when developing color and pattern.

the_oracle
Thu Jan 06, 2005, 05:46 AM
sunshine;
Can't agree more with you, bro. They tend to be a lil bit stingy in showing off their true colours...........

DiscusMad
Thu Jan 06, 2005, 01:56 PM
Ok here is a pic of my snake skin in this pic i have had it for about 6 months and I was told it was 3 months old when I bought it so I think its 11 months old.

I'll try to get a up dated pic of it in the next few days.

when i first got it it had only small amount of markings on its face and just coloured streaks through its fins. at present the blue on it is now at alittle past the line on its body that you can see in the pic (can't at the moment rember what its called)

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/files/img_0523.jpg

ml29
Fri Jan 07, 2005, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the replys, I was getting a little worried. Some of mine are about 3", I got them of sls in september at the 2" size. The colours are only showing on the fins and around the edge of the body. I guess its a waiting game.