PDA

View Full Version : Newbe to forum

pherfect
Thu Sep 18, 2008, 01:15 AM
Hi Folks, new to the forum. After 5 years of a generalized community tank I.E. severums, angels, clown loaches, one very large bala shark,(1ft), a few fancy plecoes, and yes, one discus that I added about a year and a half ago in a 180 gallon tank, I've decided to make the switch primarily to discus. I've already started to thin the herd and since added three other discus. For now I'm keeping the gold severum cause' I've had him for 5 years and he's VERY docile. As for the 1st discus that I got a year and a half ago, I don't know his color ID-all I know is that he is a shimmering orange with faint spots and hilighted by turquoise- can anybody tell me what sort of discus he/she is? Nice to meet everyone!

Merrilyn
Thu Sep 18, 2008, 11:12 AM
Hi pherfect. Nice to meet you too, and nice to meet your fish :P

Hope you enjoy your time here.

As you read through the forums, you'll see that we don't recommend putting discus in a tank with a lot of big fish, so we'll be trying to talk you into giving them a tank on their own :P

That's a good looking shark. Love those guys.

As far as the colour of your first discus goes, hmmmm I'm not sure but I think he's a mix between a brown and a leopard spot.

We'll see what the others have to say.