PDA

View Full Version : cooking up a storm

lpiasente
Wed Sep 17, 2008, 03:22 AM
Well I have just been shopping to get all my bits for beef heart mix and boy was it my lucky day.
Sea bream $9.99 kg (half price)
Green prawns (I just got the peeled ones) half price $8kg
atlantic salmon found a 500 grm pce best before Friday $5.00 (saved $8.00)
Is all this right. See there is atlantic salmon and then there is cheap nasty salmon. Wasn't sure so I got atlantic. The sea bream has a skin on it. Should it be removed? I couldn't get shrimp but I have ocean plankton and krill that I feed my hermit crabs so I will use that instead and a little extra fish. And last of all I only have a food processor will that do? I must say I am not looking forward to cutting up that beef heart. It looks foul foul foul. So wish me luck . :D :D

pink66
Wed Sep 17, 2008, 03:47 AM
Good luck.. Don't worry, it is fun :wink: :wink:

Just keep thinking how much all you fishies are going to love it and how big and strong they will grow.

When I was making mine, I moved out onto the back deck.. I am not sure what ended up being the strongest smell, the fish, or the garlic. But once frozen it is the banana that has come through and calms the rest down.

The dog became my very very best friend and resident vacuum. 8-) 8-)

I promise they will love it sooooo much, it will be well worth it..

p.s excellent price on the fish.. (in my first batch i left the skin on my salmon but after watching this as it get wandered around the tank and not eaten, maybe next time i will put this through my processor as i used a mincer which would not make it as small as a food processor.. )

pink66
Wed Sep 17, 2008, 03:52 AM
Good luck.. Don't worry, it is fun :wink: :wink:

Just keep thinking how much all you fishies are going to love it and how big and strong they will grow.

When I was making mine, I moved out onto the back deck.. I am not sure what ended up being the strongest smell, the fish, or the garlic. But once frozen it is the banana that has come through and calms the rest down.

The dog became my very very best friend and resident vacuum. 8-) 8-)

I promise they will love it sooooo much, it will be well worth it..

p.s excellent price on the fish.. (in my first batch i left the skin on my salmon but after watching this as it get wandered around the tank and not eaten, maybe next time i will put this through my processor as i used a mincer which would not make it as small as a food processor.. )

lpiasente
Wed Sep 17, 2008, 11:33 AM
I used the food processor and it didn't make much mess at all. You were all right the fishies loved it. A coupe of discus were fighting over it, actually wacking each other, biting and locking lips. Lucky my brother was here or I would have been freaking out at that behaviour. I have 5 female bettas and 7 males and they all loved it as well. As did my community fishies. THANKS Merrylin