PDA

View Full Version : My Plants

jesx57
Tue Sep 16, 2008, 06:01 AM
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've logged on here last. Just got a question. Today I have started to set up my tank, (after so many months!), and I visited a few LFS to buy some plants. So far I've got ambulia, valis, some strange fern with ripply edges (didn't have a name tag, kinda green, long, thin leaves with light green stem), pink baby tears and dragon flame. After doing some research, I've discovered the this dragon flame is non-aquatic. It looked fine in the FS and it's the first time I've bought it. They say it'll rot and it's leaves will fall off. Any ideas of what to do with it? I'd really like to put it in my tank, but there's not point if it's going to die within a few weeks. It did have roots growing though.

Help? :?:

MangoR34
Wed Sep 17, 2008, 01:59 AM
Even if plants are non-aquatic, they can sometimes grow in the aquarium. If you supply much lighting, co2 and nutrients it might work.

jesx57
Wed Sep 17, 2008, 03:19 AM
I don't know how to start a c02 injection system - isn't something like swugar and yeast in a bottle. Going to buy some chemical fertiliser today. Tank a bit cloudy, should clear up by tommorrow. I don't know why LFS sell these plants when they are going to die! I bought aluminum plant once, that died too - didn't rot, leaves just fell off. Pity they look so nice - I'm a sucker for pretty plants

jesx57
Tue Sep 23, 2008, 02:27 AM
Shouldn't have bought it in the first place, it's already starting to die and the leaves are falling off. At least I'll know for next time!