PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Finn's New Friends

pink66
Thu Sep 11, 2008, 12:35 PM
Hello my name is Sharon and I am a discus addict.. I am sure that is how I should now start my sentences :lol: :lol:

I cannot believe how difficult it is to get a good pic of a new discus.. Finn is very grumpy with me and sits at the side of her tank looking over at the QT.. Dont worry Finn, only 3 weeks and 6 days to go :wink: :wink: .

I visited my LFS just to get some brine shrimp and to my surprise there were a whole bunch of discus looking back at me.. I could not resist and have "adopted" a LSS and a RSG.. I cannot get a really good pic so I apologise in advance.. but will post as soon as I can get them to

1. hold still long enough
2. put their fins up showing their proper shape; and
3. smile

I still cannot get a good pic of the littlies.. :roll: still working on it

TW
Thu Sep 11, 2008, 12:45 PM
Truly beautiful, Sharon. Can't wait to see the little ones, too.

Merrilyn
Thu Sep 11, 2008, 01:08 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh VERY VERY nice fishies :P

Excellent choices. Even the babies look good, but it will be good to see a better pic of them.

I don't know what a chocolate discus is either :ug but it doesn't really matter. They're all good looking fish, and Finn will be delighted with her new playmates.

Scat
Thu Sep 11, 2008, 01:56 PM
Wow love the new fish you have :D

I love the discus at the rear in the first picture , its absolutely stunning :D

Cant wait to see more pics of these guys as they grow !

Cheers
Craig

lpiasente
Sat Nov 22, 2008, 07:51 AM
yep have to agree the one in the first photo at the back is very beautiful.

discusking
Thu Jan 22, 2009, 07:13 AM
love your fish, wondering green spoted is wild caught or F1?

pink66
Thu Jan 22, 2009, 10:38 AM
the SG is from the LFS and unfortunately not wild..

angel101
Sat Jan 24, 2009, 01:44 PM
Hi Sharon, I bought two fish that were labelled as RSG and Im sure they are from the same batch as your one. They certainly look like wild caught fish (thats what attracted me to them ) but they are probably the result of a cross between a Turk of some sort and maybe a wild green. They certainly are nice.

Gary.

TW
Sat Jan 24, 2009, 10:34 PM
I probably don't really know enough to say & am no wild expert, but they a bit different to the wild caught RSG's I've seen. But I'm learning they can look different, depending upon which are of the river they caught in. Also, maybe like Gary says, a cross? Whatever, really nice fish. Why not put a pic of the fish in question in the wild section & ask for id. If you do have a wild caught, it would be nice to know.

They are really nice pics Sharon, they must have grown a bit by now?

How is Finn doing. You need to show a picture of Finn surrounded by his new friends, 'cause you know we all like looking at pictures of discus. :D