PDA

View Full Version : Colour Developing in Juvies

pink66
Tue Sep 02, 2008, 12:18 PM
Hi Everyone, :wave

Just wondering with babies (about 3cm and 5cm) what time span is usual for their colour potential to show up. I understand they develop as they grow but is there a "cut off" time where they will not go any further..

Sorry if this is a strange question but I was just wondering what I can hopefully expect from my new babies. One BT and one chocolate (copper) (sellers name but I just dont know) sorry no pics yet as I cannot get them to the front of the tank for long enough.. (but I am a patient person)

thanks Sharon :wink:

nicholas76
Wed Sep 03, 2008, 05:56 AM
no cut off im familiar with mate.

in my experience it comes down to the strain, what your feeding and the fish itself!

ILLUSN
Wed Sep 03, 2008, 06:08 AM
nicholas is right I've had BD's colour up in 8-9 weeks, turks anyware from 8 weeks to 3 months and these damn rose reds just get bigger and bigger but are just getting their solid red at 4 months old.

still they wont have their full lusterious colour till they are sub adults at around 6-10 months.

pink66
Wed Sep 03, 2008, 06:46 AM
thanks guys..

I am currently trying to convince them to eat my new beefheart/seafood mix.. mmm .... they are slowly getting there.. but brine shrimp is on the menu tonight when I finish shift..

I cannot wait to see how they grow up.. :wink: