PDA

View Full Version : WHITE SPOT CURE??

xr0500
Thu Aug 21, 2008, 07:41 AM
Just discovered white spot on my smallest (Red Rose) of 5 discus, have dosed the tank (200L) with Aqua Master Rapid White Spot Remedy. Was just wondering if anybody else has used this product in the past and if it has killed the white spot or not? And also would it be a good idea to raise the temp too, currently at 28c to 30c, i have read that the parasite cannot survive these temps?? Any help much appreciated, thank you.

Big Daddy1
Thu Aug 21, 2008, 12:35 PM
http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17282

Read that and see what you think. Never used that product.

xr0500
Fri Aug 22, 2008, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the link....

But its defiantly ICH.........
could somebody please just tell me if im doing the right or wrond thing and if the fish will be ok???
heres a picture :

zar
Fri Aug 22, 2008, 02:01 AM
Depending on what else you have in your tank you can increase the temp above 30 C, maybe 32, that should make it more difficult for the paracite to survive if not kill it.
If you look at the white spot remedies, various brands that are around, they all have the same active ingredients: formalin and malachite green, I've used the aqua master white spot remedy for other fish with success, never had discus with white spot.
Your case looks quite serious though, usually within 2 treatments, i think 3 days apart you should see it work.
White spot usually comes up in tanks taht are not cycled yet or have insufficient filtration or if you bring in infested fish of course, so check your water parameters too to make sure everything is right.

xr0500
Fri Aug 22, 2008, 04:38 AM
Thanks for the post Zar, the Ich is spearding to the other discus, but not as bad as the smaller one, will keep the medication in for three cycles and will let you know how i go, thanks