PDA

View Full Version : Two dopy discus after feeding

Big Daddy1
Sun Aug 10, 2008, 07:04 PM
I picked up a Flachen and Red Scribbelt almost a week ago from my lfs. This rounds my planted 90g to 7 discus ranging from 2" to <4". I am feeding Aquaon tropical and veggie flakes with Omega One frozen bloodworms. They get fed 3-5x/daily. Sometimes I feed them, for about 10 minutes, until they are full. They are young growing little guys. I haven't got beefheart yet or my dewormer, still waiting. I also have frozen Ocean Nutrition Discus formula but none of them will have anything to do with it.

So, these two knew guys get very dopy after feeding. They hide in a corner, losing all of the little color they have. Sometimes the Red Scribbelt will lay halfway on its side at the bottom. When I see this, I go to the tank and pursuade it to wake up by slowly running my fingers on the outside of the glass by it.

Why do these two fish act so dopy? They have no problem getting themselves some food when I feed. I intend on deworming the tank when my stuff comes in. I can see no signs of external problems on any of the fish and for the most part, they are active chasing each other around. The slightly bigger discus don't much bother with these two inparticular. When they haven't been fed in a few hours or so, all of the discus come to the glass to say high begging for food if I walk up to it, even these two.

Big Daddy1
Mon Aug 11, 2008, 12:54 AM
Well, after keeping an eye on them for a while longer; I've placed them in 2.5g with fungus treatment. I noticed a white film starting on the red scribbelt and the flachen-although not as bad-has begun exhibiting more of a lamish nature. The red scribbelt is lying more and more on its side as the fungi continues to infest its body.

I have had a previous experience with angels and the same fungi infestation. I once fed them live bloodworms from the lfs I bought the discus from. There's a first time for every mistake. So, I asked the fellow to feed them so I could witness the little guys munching down to help narrow my selection of the red scribbelt as there was only one flachen. This little red scribbelt swallowed down a many bloodworm so I chose him. The flachen ate well enough to alleviate any concern but not near as much as my other choice. It seems he fed them live bloodworms beyond my notice as I did not see him gather the food and had a step back to watch them all eat. I intend on not calling but walking into the store and asking to see their frozen food for which they say they feed their discus. I hope not to see a brand new package of unused bloodworms but one that has a few empty slots.

If this thread should be in illnesses, please move it for me as I will most likely require a bit more assistance through this battle for life. I have an airstone and large ball of java moss in with them. I have questions as to feeding from this point.

Thank you!