tank
Sat Jan 01, 2005, 02:25 PM
Hi all
how often should you feed your fish
i have 3 small 3 inch turks

nag
Sat Jan 01, 2005, 04:54 PM
Hi Tank:

6 times with four hour interval would be ideal...
But, 5 times in most cases, will do...with a eight hour gap in the night...
Bye,

Trebs
Sat Jan 01, 2005, 10:16 PM
Basically, small feeds, often is ideal. It works on a rough sliding scale. Feed babies very small amounts as often as possible down to twice a day for adults. Discus have relatively short digestive systems/stomachs when compared to other fish so they tend to do better with many small feeds versus one or two large ones.

At the size your fish are you'll probably get some benefit out of trying to feed them 4 times a day. You will need to be concious of how much you are feeding though.

tank
Sun Jan 02, 2005, 04:39 AM
for example like 1 of the discus dinner size amount

ctvu
Sun Jan 02, 2005, 05:10 AM
Tank

I agree with Treb, you need be carefull of feeding whatever you do or howmay time please do not overfeed them as I did in the past and the consequence of it was DEATH, not threatening you but I just want to share the bad experience I have been thru it.
HTH

ctvu

tank
Sun Jan 02, 2005, 05:54 AM
i feel they are not geeting enough food as i can only feed twice a day this is my concern.
i have a bully in the tank and he seems the only one to feed one of them
hardly eats and the other can only get scraps

kalebjarrod
Sun Jan 02, 2005, 08:51 AM
i bought a automated fish feeder from G & S aquariums (sponser) and feed discus premium throught the day, 3 feeds, 10:00- 1:00- 3:00

i then feed my fish BH mix, maybe some bloodworms or brine shrimp when i get home. they may get two feeds like this a night

works well, i think the feeder cost $60 bucks, but it means i can go away for the weekend and i can ask mates to come by and feed the fish once and i know they are still getting what they need

also means i don't have to rely on my wife throughout the day (no offence BJ)

tank
Sun Jan 02, 2005, 10:46 AM
This is what i need to know .Thank you