PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ballina NSW

rheemas
Sat Jul 26, 2008, 10:35 AM
Hi everyone,

I am new to ths site which I have found to be an excellent resource! I have been keeping discus for about two years with great success.... until I lost my first one recently to discus plague! Hence the reason I joined the forum. Luckily I was able to save the other thanks to the advice in your Illnesses section (see my post re discus plague question). Never ceases to amaze me how much conflicting advice is available on fish health - seems like black magic sometimes!

Anyway I would like to buy a couple more discus for my tank and have heard G and S Aquariums at Southport, QLD is about the best in reasonable driving distance. Does anyone else know where I could look? Are there any breeders in my area??

Merrilyn
Sun Jul 27, 2008, 04:40 PM
Welcome to the forum rheemas.

Hope you enjoy your time here.:P

stan
Wed Jul 30, 2008, 01:38 AM
Hi Rheemas welcome to the forum I live just near you at Lennox Head.G&S have quite a few discus of different types I belive they may have new stock worth a look maybe phone first.Dont know of any breeders around here.

Matt15
Wed Jul 30, 2008, 10:18 PM
Welcome Rheemas.....;)
G & S on the GoldCoast are proberly the best down there however if your willing to drive alittle further north to south Brisbane there's an a great place which I can PM to you. Recently paid them a visit taking home two new fish as they've just received brand new stock.

rheemas
Wed Aug 06, 2008, 11:53 AM
Hi Stan,

I went up to G and S on the weekend and picked up some new fish. I now have 2 blue diamonds, a snakskin and a pigeon blood, all about 4in in body size.

What kind of discus do you keep?

rheemas
Wed Aug 06, 2008, 11:57 AM
Hi Matt,

I would be very interested to know of your other recommendation as I am up that way fairly regularly - could you please PM it to me?

The fish in your message look awesome, I assume these are part of your collection? I especially like the 4th and last one, what are these called and where did you get them?

On another note, I am trying to make an avatar picture but when I reduce it to 100 pixels wide it is still 30kb - any idea how to fix this?

stan
Wed Aug 06, 2008, 11:35 PM
Hi Rheemas,I have blue diamond,scarlet red,dickson gold,red melon,blue torquiose,red terquiose,white diamond,snakeskin & some small unidentified I agree Matt15 has some great looking fish will have to have a trip up to where he buys his.

Matt15
Thu Aug 07, 2008, 12:08 PM
PM sent.

The fish are:
5th - common Turq
Last - San Merah
I've been meaning to update my sig for awhile now. Might get around to it soon.
As for your picture size there are many ways to change this but that depends on what program your using.
Changing either the size/ratio, DPI or file type can decrease the file size.