PDA

View Full Version : Dry Food

JT
Tue Jul 22, 2008, 01:26 AM
Hi i am currently using the Sera discus dry pellet. Just wonder comparing to a product called New Life Spectrum Discus Formula... which one is better ?

Coz me Sera discus dry pellet is almost finish and i am consider either buying a different brand this time or still using the Sera brand.

Thanks a lot

bartek
Tue Jul 22, 2008, 01:51 AM
I have just started using NLS Thera A and Grow which seem to be working well.

I also use Tetra colour bits.

I have found the discus to eat all of these with no problem.

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Jul 22, 2008, 03:03 AM
So your not using discus dinner any more Bart?

Ado

ILLUSN
Tue Jul 22, 2008, 03:48 AM
If you can get them onto it, try some breeders blend flake, this stuff is magic for colouring up fish, and doesn't seem to turn the tails of BD's orange like colorbits do.

other bonus is being a flake you can crush it nice an fine to feed to month old fry.

JT
Tue Jul 22, 2008, 04:06 AM
i am using the breeders blend flake as well....

great to hear that

thanks illusn

TW
Tue Jul 22, 2008, 04:11 AM
breeders blend flake, this stuff is magic for colouring up fish, and doesn't seem to turn the tails of BD's orange like colorbits do. I didn't know that. I thought the natural astaxanthin would do the same thing as colorbits. I was avoiding it for my BD & albino for that reason.

Good to hear.

mistakes r crucial
Sun Jul 27, 2008, 08:46 PM
As far as I'm aware Colourbits uses synthetic Astaxanthin which is a very different product and outcome compared to NatuRose. Sera used to use NatuRose in some of their foods, not sure if they still do. No one has ever been able to find out what NLS use as a colour enhancer, very good reports out there on the food though.
MAC