PDA

View Full Version : Red Texas x Flowerhorn

Mattzilla
Mon Jul 21, 2008, 05:41 AM
HI everyone, i gave into temptation and bought 3 new little 2" Red Texas x Flowerhorn fish last night.

They should come up really bright with good body pearl as they grow.

Here are some pics of them when they had been in the tank for literally five minutes. It's near impossible to get a picture of them becuase they do not keep still for a second! For that reason i appologise for the terrible pictures. i had to use the flash and it washes out most of their colour.

Your comments are welcomed

Matt

Mattzilla
Mon Jul 21, 2008, 05:42 AM
last pics... again sorry they are such bad qaulity pics...

ivo
Mon Jul 21, 2008, 06:56 AM
very nice Matt. do you need to separate them when they are bigger? any idea what they will look like at maturity?

Mattzilla
Mon Jul 21, 2008, 09:27 AM
I think they will have to be seperated in the future.... but i would like to get a pair out of them if i can. as for what they will look like... well i'm not entirely sure!

They will hopefully have a red texas base colour with flowerhorn shape, hump and flowers. fingers crossed!

i think the next few months will tell what they will be like.

matt

Mattzilla
Fri Aug 08, 2008, 01:37 AM
some updates

one of the 3 was badly picked on so i have seperated them. the 2 dominant ones are kicking ar$e and growing well. the picked on one is not doing as weel and hides most of the time even though it's divided from the others. only time will tell if he gets his mojo back.

cheers
matt

Mattzilla
Fri Aug 08, 2008, 01:38 AM
oh and you have NO idea how hard these guys are to photograph! they do not stay still for a second

cheers

AHC
Fri Aug 08, 2008, 02:53 AM
Noice. i really like them. Am very interested to see how they turn out.

ChrisEddy85
Fri Aug 08, 2008, 05:27 AM
Very nice matt, how big do you expect they'll get?

Mattzilla
Fri Aug 08, 2008, 06:39 AM
Yeah i am really hoping they turn out nice! a pair would be nice too!!!!!

Chris it all depends onthe size of the parents really. with good genetics and plenty of food and clean water they should get pretty big. i have only seen one very bad photo of the parents which was hard to tell their size from. the male looked pretty big with a nice hump and plenty of red colour.

fingers crossed

Mattzilla
Fri Aug 08, 2008, 01:12 PM
dad is at back and mum is top right

crappy photo but it's all i got