PDA

View Full Version : Poop color

networkguy
Wed Jul 16, 2008, 08:31 AM
Hey all-so...what is the proper color for poop? Mine are babies (9 months) and appear to be healthy...I have one whose poop is mostly brown but has some white in it too...is this not good? Or maybe a temperary thing? I feed bloodworms, brine shrimp, and tetra pellets (not all at once of course). Water changes are done 2x/week, all chemicals test good, temp 86F.

Thanks!

Hollowman
Wed Jul 16, 2008, 09:21 AM
Healthy fish poop shoulld be dark brown/black in my experience. Feeding tetra bits/tetra prima/colour bits can change it to an orangy/red colour. When fed heavily on BH/blood worm it darkens to black. White is not a good colour, usually a sign of internal worms.
hth

Hollowman

networkguy
Wed Jul 16, 2008, 05:58 PM
Thats what I was afraid of. It's strange though...in a long poop string maybe 1/4 of it is white...I guess its not too bad yet. I'll set up a QT tank for him. And watch the others closely. I'll search the forum for treatment.

Hollowman
Wed Jul 16, 2008, 08:02 PM
White poop is normally a sign of internal worms, bacteria. You are right about putting it in a HT, and if you can treat with Prazi-Pro. Follow the instructions, and it should clear up.

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Jul 17, 2008, 03:19 AM
I thought blood worms were not a good idea for juvi discus?

Ado

Hollowman
Thu Jul 17, 2008, 08:17 AM
At 9 months they can eat anything imo, 9-12 months is sub adult for me.