PDA

View Full Version : safe to prime????

Mattzilla
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 12:48 AM
what is the correct ratio to mix safe powder with water to make prime liquid???

i have done it before but can't remember the correct ratio

thanks

DiscusMan
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 04:10 AM
This sounds interesting

PLease explain more. What powder can you buy to make prime? Where do you get said powder.

Wayne

kevkoi
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 04:28 AM
Safe and Prime ar both by Seachem.

Safe is a straight chlorine neutraliser (most probably Sodium thiosulphate)... no frills. Safe is NOT Prime. In other words, Prime is not a diluted solution of just Safe. :wink: )

Prime has other additives which do a lot more than what Safe will do.

weird
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 06:08 AM
Prime is the squeezed juice of a fruit hidden deep within the amazon jungle guarded by an amazonian tribe of leather clad women warriors. The fruit is squeezed between the naked bodies of the young virgins of this tribe into the bottles which sit on the retail shelves of our LFS.

dreamer
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 06:17 AM
good one dave :lol:

now where can i get the plant and the girls? this might be better option then buying from lfs. at least i can guarantee the freshness and quality :P 8-)

DiscusMan
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 08:21 AM
Thats why it cost much i knew it.

Oh this could go downhill fast so ill jsut stop there :)

Wayne

heckelboy
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 09:17 AM
I want the girls

tank
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 10:07 AM
I want the girls
seconds the juice

Mattzilla
Thu Dec 30, 2004, 02:56 PM
very funny guys....
i still need the correct ratio though

A1pryo
Sat Jan 01, 2005, 03:30 AM
3-1 sounds fine

Thats 3 girls to a guy that is.

IMO :lol:

Mattzilla
Sat Jan 01, 2005, 04:12 AM
now that's what you call a good ratio

weird
Sat Jan 01, 2005, 06:43 AM
ROFL !!! :P :D

Matt I wish I knew the ratio you were after, I feel like I have corrupted the thread. :oops: :cry:

kevkoi
Sat Jan 01, 2005, 07:37 AM
Matt, safe comes with a little spoon inside.... That spoon is "one measure".

*off seachem site on Safe*

• Chlorine: use 1 measure to each 80 L (20 gallons*) of tap water (removes 1 ppm).

• Chloramine: use 1 measure to each 40 L (10 gallons*) of tap water (removes 4 ppm).

• Ammonia: use 1 measure to each 16 L (4 gallons*) of tap water (removes 1 ppm). Do not overdose!

To detoxify nitrite/nitrate in an emergency situation use up to 5 measures to each 40 L (10 gallons*). Use fish to gauge toxicity reduction as test kits will still show presence of nitrite/nitrate even when detoxified. May be added to aquarium directly, but is better if added to new water first. If adding directly to aquarium, base dose on aquarium volume. If temperature is > 30 °C (86 °F) cut dosing in half.

Mattzilla
Sat Jan 01, 2005, 10:44 AM
thanks kev

and yes dave you did...but i would do the same for you lol

kalebjarrod
Sat Jan 01, 2005, 10:38 PM
can't belive i missed this thread

must have been to busy washing my sticky warrior women after a hard night of squesing juice

and dave the ration is 5 to one