PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Perth !

Scat
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 10:09 AM
Hi :D

Just signed up today here as i took the plunge and bought 4 discus today and a discus book !

I have 13 tanks with a mix of malawi`s and catfish but have added some discus into a 7x2x2 which is a catfish tank (ancistrus,whiptails and corydoras) Will post a few pics once my camera battery has recharged !

Look forward to learning more from all you guys :D

Cheers
Craig

Hollowman
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 10:59 AM
Hi Scat,

read as much as you can about the water requirements first, as someone else has said, keeping discus is secondary to keeping your water.

Good luck

Hollowman :wink:

Matt15
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 11:55 AM
Welcome to the forums Craig...;)

Thats great news about ur new purchase today, but as Hollowman has said I hope your tank/water conditions are right for the little guys.
Can't wait to see your pics....=)

Scat
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks Guys :D

Atm they are in a tank with other cats that are from the amazon as well, currently with a ph of 7.1.

Cheers
Craig

Merrilyn
Mon Jul 14, 2008, 11:45 AM
Hi Craig.

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to have another member from Perth.

Love to see some photos when your fish have settled in.

:P

mischa
Fri Jul 25, 2008, 08:33 AM
Hi Craig
I'm also from Perth and keep a few discus. This forum has provided invaluable support and information in the short time since I have started keeping these beautiful fish. My discus seem to stay healthy in our relatively alkaline water (7.4-7.6), they have spawned several times in this. However, I will move my breeding pair to a seperate tank and slowly lower the pH over the next few weeks.

Cheers
Erica :)