PDA

View Full Version : Meet Juan! my new little flowerhorn

Mattzilla
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 06:21 AM
I have named this new flowerhorn Juan after an awesome friend i made in Venezuala while on holidays. His name was Juan obviously and was just a real funny bugger. it was his birthday the day i got this flowerhorn so i named it after him.

Saying that i am still not sure of the sex of the fish... it could be a girl! In which case it's name will change to Juanita...we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Anyway, Juan has been pretty shy for the last 2 days but seemed a little more confident today. i stuck a mirror next to the tank to see some colours and Juan didn't dissapoint!

Juan is about 3" at the moment....

Your comments are welcomed.

Matt

Mattzilla
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 06:23 AM
Juan so wanted to fight himself when the mirror came out....very funny to watch

ivo
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 06:55 AM
gorgeous flowerhorn i love it. i m no expert in flowerhorn and judging it's existing color and pattern will it look like the ones that you had in the past? i put bird's plastic toys in my flowerhorn tank and he loves dragging them with his mouth.

Matt15
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 12:02 PM
Nice fish Matt.
What can you expect to pay for a fish of simular size/colour?

Mattzilla
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks Matt,

Juan cost only $40.

Matt

flaggy
Mon Jul 14, 2008, 12:08 PM
Nice fish, Matt. How long do you think it will take before it outgrows a 90cm x 40cm x 50cm tank (LxWxH)? If it doesn't outgrow this oddly sized tank too quickly, I'd be thinking of getting one.

Cheers
Tim

Mattzilla
Mon Jul 14, 2008, 12:37 PM
It will grow out real quick!

I would like to get him into a larger tank sooner rather than later. it will grow much faster and bigger in a bigger tank.

i would say that a standard 3fter would be as small as i would go. that is just me though. some people keep them in smaller tanks than that.

hth
matt