PDA

View Full Version : A Little Eyecandy

SusieQ
Sat Jul 12, 2008, 11:07 PM
Hi there.. well I finally figured out how to work a camera and create a website... I'm not the best photographer and really computer illiterate.. so until I figure out how to download to this site you have to go to a link. It's http://picasaweb.google.com/redryder2/discustank... Hope that works. I've been promising youall pics of my babies so enjoy.. They're not perfect but I love them..LOL Sue

scott bowler
Sat Jul 12, 2008, 11:38 PM
susieQ its not working

SusieQ
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 12:20 AM
Hi Scott... Now I'm really confused as it's working on the simplydiscus site. I'm Eyecandy on that site...Any ideas are welcome... Thanks Sue

Dan
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 10:26 AM
Hey

I think its not working properly because that isn't the full link posted up there.

it says discustank...
Its not the complete link.

HTH
Dan

Hollowman
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 10:50 AM
Try this guys:

http://picasaweb.google.com/redryder2/discustank

that works now

Hollowman :)

waitaki
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 11:07 AM
very nice tank set up. Do you use co2 for the plants?

Matt15
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 12:05 PM
You've got some gorgeous fish there Susie, wd mate.
What did you purchase the fish in photo #3 as, it's got some nice markings?

SusieQ
Sun Jul 13, 2008, 12:53 PM
Hi youall... Thanks for the very nice compliments. Glad the link is now working. This is my first time working with the camera and trying to capture the beauty of these fish.. Still working on convincing my Ocean Green to pose instead of hiding.

Matt... the third photo is of my little rose red.. she's the smallest but the most outgoing and toughest.. she is always first to the food and doesn't let anyone get in her way ever... When I tried to separate the breeding pair (last pics before whole tank shots showing 2 Gold Masters/pearl piogeons/checkerboards guarding their filter tube) with a divider in the 120, "Rosey" got thru the divider just to show me who was boss. I love her coloring.. couldn't really capture it.. a very dark red not your normal tomato soup red.I'll let her know she got a very nice compliment LOL....

Waitiaki... no I don't use co2... I am a very low tech person.. still struggling with using a computer..LOL.Tried using excel for bbalgae and it didn't do much.. found increasing the water flow with 2 spray bars instead of regular outlets helped.. also permanently removed the anubias as they were bba magnets.. still have a bit of algae but that makes it seem more natural to me.. I do have some eco complete under the planted side of the tank and fertilizer tabs under the swords. Was using Flourish trace once in awhile but found once the crypts and swords established themselves didn't need to do anything else. I'm sure I would get more growth with co2 and more lighting but don't want to travel down that path yet.
Thanks again Sue