Rod
Wed Jul 09, 2008, 07:16 AM
Are or have these been in Australia...
They are a legal import!
:D
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwapisto&1215927009

syxx
Fri Jul 11, 2008, 09:38 AM
funny you should ask, i heard a little birdy say that Aquarium Industries has just gotten some and they should be up for sale in 2 weeks. i would get a lfs to ask AI to hold some for you, these little guys are great and the last time i saw them was over a year ago. beware you may be looking at fairly high $$$ but they are worth every cent of it

Rod
Tue Jul 15, 2008, 09:40 PM
AMAZING!

I'll be finding out the price!

THANKS!

Rod
Wed Jul 16, 2008, 03:23 AM
mmmmm......

Had a local fish shop chase AI up???

Don't quite understand the reply??

The information from AI .....they are not available and were unable to say when or if they would be available....however they quoted a price??? $80 each retail and they can't sex them(wont sell pairs)!!!

Perhaps the people dealing with LFS don't know what in quarantine....or they are no prepared to give out that information???
Don't understand how they quote a price if they don't have them????

Not many shops in Brissie interested in dealing with AI?

Perhaps my enquiry is just too early??? Any further info would be appreciated

syxx
Thu Jul 31, 2008, 07:15 AM
go ask your shop now, if they say they don't have them then ask if the fish are on hold (sick) or ask what the person on the other end of the phone is smoking :) these are a great little fish

Rod
Fri Aug 01, 2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks

I actually asked again lasy night!

Waiting for feedback.... :D

Rod
Mon Aug 18, 2008, 05:47 AM
I've spoken to AI....they had no idea what a spadetail checkerboard was....and they certainly weren't on their stock list under that name or their scientific name....Dicrossus maculatus.

Just reeving me up syxx?

That's ok...... :D

Rod
Tue Aug 19, 2008, 10:55 AM
Or are you confusing

Dicrossus maculatus.
with
Dicrossus filamentosus ?????

Robdog
Mon Aug 25, 2008, 01:55 PM
D.macs have been in Aus before. I remember seeing quite a bunch of them around the end of '06. About the same time I had my last D. fila's.

Beautiful little fish and good pound for pound brawlers too ;)

syxx
Thu Aug 28, 2008, 11:03 AM
:roll: that's AI for you, try crenicara maculata. they should have known what you meant when you wrote dicro. crenicara is the revised name.

Rod
Thu Aug 28, 2008, 12:31 PM
Ta.... :wink:

I believe Dicrossus maculatus is the current name....Cenicara maculatus is the old name???

It's all getting too hard....

Got some New Apisto's and Wild type bettas coming so don't really have the room anyway....

syxx
Sat Aug 30, 2008, 04:50 AM
yeah it may be that way around, either way it just goes to show that if certain companies don't know what they are selling then they shouldn't sell them as all the end up doing is screwing people around. hope your new fish go well for you

lpiasente
Sat Aug 30, 2008, 05:36 AM
Can you import these yourself? I have bought in some Halfmoons through aquabid and an importer.

Rod
Sat Aug 30, 2008, 06:38 AM
I'm probably getting the new fish via the same importer who brought in your Halfmoons....so Yes....I can get her to import them.....provided she can find a supplier off shore....and provided they have other fish that are worth importing

Just have to be patient!

Hassles
Sun Oct 05, 2008, 04:51 PM
They had some last week at Blackburn Aquarium (Melbourme)

bluediscus84
Tue Oct 07, 2008, 08:00 AM
Are you all talking about the checkerboard cichlid?
Its name is
Dicrossus filamentosus
very beautiful fish

Rod
Tue Oct 07, 2008, 11:46 AM
Are you all talking about the checkerboard cichlid?
Its name is
Dicrossus filamentosus
very beautiful fish

Yes they are.....however I chasing another similar species called Dicrossus maculatus

They have a spade tail not a lyre tail.....

http://img124.exs.cx/img124/4474/55-Apistogramma_dicr.jpg

bluediscus84
Sat Oct 11, 2008, 02:07 AM
WOW very interesting...such a beautiful fish...have you had any luck yet finding them ROD....

TW
Sat Oct 11, 2008, 02:30 AM
wow, so pretty

Rod
Sat Oct 11, 2008, 04:00 AM
No Luck finding them....yet!

I have their cousins.....

They are a legal import but not available commercially very often.....I'll post when I find them..... :wink:

Rod
Sat Oct 11, 2008, 08:57 AM
A better image

http://www.thedigitalfishroom.com/Photos/maculatusM-9.jpg

Rod
Sun Jun 14, 2009, 06:53 AM
STOP LOOKING!!!

I've found some.... :wink:

brad_v
Sun Jun 14, 2009, 07:39 AM
Beautiful fish,

Will you post a picture of what you picked up?