PDA

View Full Version : I searched! Re: plastic plants

networkguy
Tue Jul 08, 2008, 11:35 PM
Hey everyone :) I guess I should post in the "hello" forum hehe...anyway. Whats the opinion of plastic plants? I searched and browsed through about 7 pages couldnt see anything regarding plastic.

My setup: 80 gal, 1 red turq, 6 blue diamonds, adolescents. Gravel substrate, a couple pieces of Malasian driftwood, and some slate. No plants as of now.

Opinions?

Matt15
Wed Jul 09, 2008, 12:20 AM
IMO plastic plants are for goldfish and live ones are for discus

zar
Wed Jul 09, 2008, 12:25 AM
i agree with matt15, i think plastic plants and discus are a total mismatch.
they won't harm your fish though so if you're happy with the looks you can add them to your tank.

networkguy
Wed Jul 09, 2008, 01:07 AM
yeah maybe I should try live plants hehe never had em before :p I had a feeling that would be the opinion.

I gotta get with it!

Matt15
Wed Jul 09, 2008, 05:21 AM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with plastic plants and yes they are great for low maintenance setups.
As long as your happy with whichever plant you decide to keep, thats the most important thing....;)

BigDaddyAdo
Wed Jul 09, 2008, 05:50 AM
Live plants look much nicer than fakes IMO.

Ado

scott bowler
Wed Jul 09, 2008, 08:27 AM
i am for live plant they look much better and add to the whole fish keeping expirence , but there are some very nice silk plants that you can buy and look real , i dont now what they are like to keep clean but that is some thing else to think about,
i think the plastic plants might harm the discus too some of them have some sharp edges too,

rwel4809
Wed Jul 09, 2008, 09:25 AM
Beware .... planted tanks are a whole new exciting obsession... I'm hooked !

They are more tricky to set up, but once established they are pretty easy to maintain.

Everyone who sees my planted discus tank always comments on how much they like it!

R