PDA

View Full Version : Any Chemists out there that can help with Dissolved Oxygen

Bad Inferno
Thu Jul 03, 2008, 02:33 AM
I am wanting to experiment with connecting up a DO probe. I currently measure PH ORP and conductivity and this is the last instrument I am looking to interface.

I was going to buy a galvanic DO probe and interface the 0-40mv signal through an instrumentation amplifier. I understand the signal is linear.

I am wanting to try and understand the relationship between temperature, barrometric pressure and any changes in salinity. I would assume salts don't change however as I can measure all three of these parameters I was hoping someone more knowlegable can assist with a suitable formula to correct the reading.

I do not know at this stage if the probe has inbuilt temperature compensation for the membrane or not. I was going to use a lab type probe as the industrial probes are way too expensive.

Once setup I am looking to undertake a number tests to see how DO changes in the aquarium and what effects does surface agitation provide ver air pumps, plant uptake and see if my CO2 injection has any influences.

rob