PDA

View Full Version : question about clout

Griffin
Mon Jun 30, 2008, 05:19 PM
Hi

I've got some medication call clout from friend. I just heard that it treat internal and external parasites. but i haven't clue what it's made of

just few days ago i have few discus refuse to eat so i just mix food with flaggy then the result was disastrous. I killed my 4 L066 and L333 lot of lot fin BN died. I was so upset that i should've more careful putting in community tank.

anyway it would be okay to treat discus with clout.
I would love to get some information.

Also i have few up coming babies what i should treat them for worming.
is it necessary for them??

pink66
Sun Jul 06, 2008, 01:17 AM
I cannot tell you if this is good or bad for your discus but I have used clout in my tanks before (not discus) and it has given great success. I find you must follow the instructions carefully as the fish can show signs of distress if the water changes are not done as instructed.

but hopefully this will help in figuring out if discus are ok with this stuff or not.. as per the packet.....

Environmental Control for parasitic and protozoan infestations.

ingredients 4-[p-(dimethylamino)-)0-phenylzenzylidene]-2,5-cyclogexadien-1-xylidene dimethylammonium chloride; dimethly (2,2,2-trichloro-1-hydroxy-ethhel) phosphonate;1,2-dimethyl-5-nitroimidazole and inert ingretients as non-toxic binders..

instructions: dissolve in tap water treat rate of 1 tab per 38lt(10gal). administer every 24hrs until cure is effected. remove carbon and leave filters running during treatment. DO NOT OVERDOSE. After cure is effected, replace one-half of aquarium water. Change filter materials and replace carbon. DOES NOT AFFECT pH and WILL NOT INTERRUPT NITRIFICATION.

Hope this is of assistance :) :)

Griffin
Sun Jul 06, 2008, 03:12 PM
Hi

Thank for the information.

cheers :lol: