PDA

View Full Version : Small particals floating in tank, olutions ?

Bad Inferno
Mon Jun 23, 2008, 01:12 PM
I have a 450 litre tank running a ehiem proII 2028 and a 11 watt UV, great filter and whisper quiet. Planted display tank...very rare for a vacuum maybe once every 6-8 weeks where I can get to ?

The water does looked "polished" what seems to be crystal clear however I have very very very small particals floating around the tank which I want to remove. You have to look extreeeeemly closley to even see them and some would think I'm crazy as you have to look sooo hard however I want to try and remove them.

I was thinking of getting an internal Eheim Aquaball which is an internal sponge filter and fit it to the other end of the tank to where the spray bar is fitted of the 2028. Hoping it would circulate some water down that end and provide a final filter.

Any suggestions or feedback on the ehiem aquaball's ? .. (i do not want an air driven sponge as I also run CO2)

rob

Hollowman
Mon Jun 23, 2008, 02:37 PM
How about a wad of filter floss in your cannister, solved it for me. :)

Hollowman

Greggy
Tue Jun 24, 2008, 02:43 PM
How serious are you about getting rid of those particles?

I had a similar 'problem' and managed to fix it. How? With an Eheim 2250 Classic filter of course! I would have used the bigger 2260 Classic but it would not fit in the cabinet under my 6x2x2 tank.

I use it in addition to an Eheim 2228 Pro canister filter and between the two of them my water is pretty much spotless, and I owe that to the 2250 Classic. If you want the best mechanical filtration possible you MUST consider the Eheim 2250/2260 Classic filters.

Regards,

Greggy