PDA

View Full Version : young breeders

azza
Sun Jun 15, 2008, 08:19 AM
Hi guys and gals

I have a young pair a snake skin and a red torq, well i think they are a pair that are in my tank of 6 discus.

They both clean the area where they want to breed and then the female will lay her eggs, the male doesn't fertilize the eggs and only eats them. This is only there their third time they have breed, how many times will this happen til they gets used to the way of breeding.

I have just set up a breeding tank and will put them in this week

Matt15
Sun Jun 15, 2008, 02:33 PM
Mate its hard to put an exact number. Animals are sometimes hard to predict and judge. I would spend some time getting your new breeding tank all setup and ready. Once they are in there they should feel alot safer to breed which will lessen the changes of them eating the eggs. Also experience is a good thing so the more lays the better.

Let us know how you go once they have settled in :wink:

azza
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 01:57 AM
thanks i am going to put them in the breeding tank today. I think i have just found another pair as well in the tank that is 2 pairs in 3 weeks is that because they have reached maturity or because the tank is to their liking???

ILLUSN
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 02:24 AM
It can take him 10+ goes to get it right, by around 18mths old he should have it sorted.