PDA

View Full Version : White butterfly black dots :/

Bobby123
Fri Jun 13, 2008, 08:05 AM
Hey guys i have a white butterfly and its getting tiny black dots on its body especially around the nose/mouth, and doesn't seem interested in eating anymore. Only had it for 2 weeks. And when i first got it was strong now looks weak.
Any suggestions?

Cheers Bobby

Hollowman
Fri Jun 13, 2008, 09:09 AM
I would say that the black dots are just peppering. A photo would confirm this. As for the looking weak, what are you feeding, how often are you water changing what are your water parameters?

Hollowman

Bobby123
Fri Jun 13, 2008, 11:36 AM
i feed them the tetra color bits. Change water everyweek 25% also clean the gravel. hardness is at 150ppm. amonia is excellent. have ph level at 6.4. tempreture is at 29 degres.
very tiny dots by the way.

scott bowler
Fri Jun 13, 2008, 11:47 AM
hi bobby it has pigeon in it and in a planted tank it will pepper up more , in a bare tank it will pepper less, dont realy know why they do it but most fish that have pigeon in them get it ,it will do no harm to the fish

cityguy
Fri Jun 13, 2008, 11:50 AM
i feed them the tetra color bits. Change water everyweek 25% also clean the gravel. hardness is at 150ppm. amonia is excellent. have ph level at 6.4. tempreture is at 29 degres.
very tiny dots by the way.

Only feeding Tetra color bits will weaken the fishes, you need to feed them a varied diet, at-least something like freeze dried bloodworm or frozen bloodworms etc. Tetra also has slow sinking pellets and flakes, specifically for Discus, you can add that as well with your existing feed of color bits.

Bobby123
Fri Jun 13, 2008, 11:51 AM
thanks for the quick reply scott. Also they say that the gene has been mutated after many yearsor breeding? not to sure but the fish also has blue running through her fins so maybe not a pure breed/ high grade?
Cheers Bobby

Bobby123
Fri Jun 13, 2008, 11:54 AM
I might go this weekend and get some bloodworm. I accidently fed them normaly brown worms my aquarium guy nerly shot me. Thanks for the reply guys.

Bobby123
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 07:18 AM
Hey guys, i got some beef heart and gottold to mix in some parasite tablets into it which i did so that should clear a few of the crap in the tank.
he also said because ihave gravel that it may affect the peppering.
cheers bobby

Hollowman
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 07:51 AM
Bobby, there is no need to add any med unless you see a problem with the fish. Don't be fooled into doing what an LFS thinks is best. Ask the questions here, there are experts who can guide you far better on this forum.

H

Bobby123
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 08:42 AM
thanks hollowman. They dont seem to be eating the beef heart anyway picking at it more. The White butterfly cost me heaps and now its getting peppering on it, shits me. dunno wot else to do,.

Hollowman
Mon Jun 16, 2008, 09:17 AM
Bobby, can we see a pic of it, might not be as bad as you think. :wink:

Bobby123
Tue Jun 17, 2008, 07:49 AM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u263/Bobby_SR20/IMGP1988.jpg
here is a photo hope it helps

Merrilyn
Tue Jun 17, 2008, 02:13 PM
Bobby, is your fish eating properly? He looks a bit skinny. Have you seen him pass any droppings recently. Are they dark brown or white and fluffy?

How big is the tank, and what other fish do you have in there.

Bobby123
Wed Jun 18, 2008, 07:35 AM
Yeh most of them are skinny except the biggest one indian tiger. he eats everything first. I wil start feeding more 3 times a day maybe. I have 2 clown loaches and 2 pepermint catfish. tank is 220 liters.
cheers bobby

Bobby123
Sun Jun 22, 2008, 05:58 AM
Will the peppering ever go away with lotsof water change ???