PDA

View Full Version : JUNE PHOTO COMPETITION - Feeding my fish.

Merrilyn
Tue Jun 10, 2008, 09:18 AM
Okay folk, this is the one you've been waiting for.

June photo competition is now under way.

Prizes are fantastic ............ kindly donated by Mal Davidson of Australian Blackworm Farm fame. http://www.blackworms.com.au/

First Prize:-

A one year supply of Mal's Australian Freeze dried blackworms. Your fish will love these :D and a year's supply is a fantastic prize.

Second Prize:-

A gift pack of Australian Freeze Dried Blackworm Products, including blocks and Fry size.

Now, the details.

The subject of this month's competition is - FEEDING YOUR FISH.

Do your fish nearly eat your fingers when you offer food?

Do you have a greedy fish who runs off with a huge mouthful?

How about one who grabs a mouthful of worms and spends the next ten minutes trying to swallow them?

Or a group chasing after live brine shrimp?

It's only limited by your imagination, so get out their favourite food and start clicking away.

The fine print.

Only ONE photo per member.

Can be any type of fish, not only discus.

Photos will only be judged on content, not quality. (If you're a novice with the camera, this one's for you.)

Mods and Admin not permitted to enter.

Six finalists will be selected by the mods, admin and sponsor.

Members will be able to vote first and second place from those six finalists. Voting will be open for ten days, and the winners announced on 12th July.

That's it.

Dust off that camera, clean down your aquarium glass, and get shooting.

fish_r
Tue Jun 10, 2008, 12:15 PM
is a small video link allowed via photobucket ? or does it have to be a photo ?

Merrilyn
Tue Jun 10, 2008, 12:27 PM
Just a photo this time please fish_r.

We'll keep the video idea for another competition :wink:

fish_r
Tue Jun 10, 2008, 12:48 PM
no probs :P

cityguy
Sun Jun 15, 2008, 11:35 AM
Thats great news, how do I participate .. I mean, where do I post my fishy photo ?

Matt15
Sun Jun 15, 2008, 02:23 PM
Thats great news, how do I participate .. I mean, where do I post my fishy photo ?

Here

poimaster
Tue Jun 17, 2008, 10:54 AM
Submission - Photo Comp FEEDING YOUR FISH

( .Come one everyone. )

Here are my breeding pair - now about 2 years old. Male is Golden Anaconda (left) and Female is Golden Leopard. When I kept discus 10 years ago there wasn't much variety off foods available save the frozen stuff, but in the UK we did seem to feed all our fish Freeze Dried Tubifex, so when I restarted keeping discus here in Australia I sought some out.

My pair love the worms. A couple of photos show them eye'ing up the worms and tearing them off (the clouds in the picture are worms floating). However I thought this photo summed up the photo competition topic the best.

Enjoy

Jeremy

Merrilyn
Tue Jun 17, 2008, 02:53 PM
Love the look of concentration on their faces.

Exactly the sort of picture we're after Jeremy.

Okay everyone, where are your photos ???????

:P

ivo
Mon Jun 23, 2008, 09:39 AM
Merrilyn, when i first saw the theme i wish i had taken a picture when my flowerhorn was eating my arowana! here is my entry... i know it does not even look like they were eating but it is so hard to picture eating moment. they eat so quick i have to throw in 3 blocks of worms to be able to get couple of pictures!

ivo
Mon Jun 23, 2008, 10:24 AM
could admin delete my previous picture please? i actually found a picture that they look more like they were eating. thank you.

waitaki
Tue Jun 24, 2008, 01:01 AM
love the mix of discus colours in there Ivo!

Discus 41
Wed Jun 25, 2008, 07:23 AM
O.K. these are my pride and joy and as you can see adult and young feeding along side,love that beef heart

Discus 41
Wed Jun 25, 2008, 07:24 AM
O.K. these are my pride and joy and as you can see adult and young feeding along side,love that beef heart

Merrilyn
Fri Jun 27, 2008, 12:18 PM
Entries close Monday 30th June at midnight.

Get your entry in this weekend !

:P

waitaki
Fri Jun 27, 2008, 02:53 PM
It is feeding time, but she is not eating it - and nor is anyone else

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n141/tuataress/wontshare.jpg

Matt15
Sun Jun 29, 2008, 08:47 AM
I always feed Mal's Aussie Blackworms by hand and as you can see i'm lucky to have all 5 fingers left.

Merrilyn
Sun Jun 29, 2008, 10:09 AM
Geee I hope you're all holding off till the last minute, and tomorrow we'll be flooded with entries :oops:

Great photos so far.

Keep those entries rolling in pleeeeeease

:(

TW
Sun Jun 29, 2008, 01:51 PM
The only computer I can download pictures to was out of action - until today.

Hard to get them in the actual act of eating - always seemed to just miss it. Anyway, here is my entry:-

Rose Red & one of my Heckels with homemade beefheart
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/TankWatcher/72G%20Planted%20Discus/000_0048.jpg

TW
Sun Jun 29, 2008, 01:52 PM

ILLUSN
Sun Jun 29, 2008, 03:02 PM
I Know I'm not eligible to enter but heres a photo of me "feeding" my fish (its a pigion blood cull)

Nitecongt
Mon Jun 30, 2008, 02:05 AM
cool photos!

shannon
Mon Jun 30, 2008, 03:53 AM
Dinner Time!

albatrozz
Mon Jun 30, 2008, 08:22 AM
Just my entry of one of my lemon tetras snatching a huge chunk of homemade beefheart and eating it slowly away from everyone else while his friends keep searching with empty stomachs. Cheeky little bugger :lol: :lol:

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/albatrozz_photo/discus/P6300284.jpg

madaboutfish
Mon Jun 30, 2008, 11:18 AM
This saratoga is usually fed the leftovers of my beefheart mix which have been already thawed out. I hang the spoon over the tank and it will jump up to get it. As I could not feed and take pictures at the same time a pellet was hung from the top while I tried to get a shot at it. This picture was the best and clearest that i could get.

Nick

Merrilyn
Mon Jun 30, 2008, 12:27 PM
Wow, some great photos.

If you're planning on a late entry, you've got 90 minutes left !

Merrilyn
Tue Jul 01, 2008, 05:00 AM
Thanks to everyone who entered.

Some amazing shots there.

This thread is now closed while the Mods, Sponsor and Admin select the finalists.

Results will be posted in a couple of days, and you will all have an opportunity to vote for your favourite pic.