PDA

View Full Version : Pairing Question

byrnsy
Mon Jun 09, 2008, 12:23 PM
Hi guys i just have a couple of quick questions.

Can fry from the same parents pair off and breed?

Also, can a proven female breeder pair off with a totally different male if the original male is not around any longer?

Cheers guys
Mick

Hollowman
Mon Jun 09, 2008, 12:29 PM
Yes & Yes :lol:

Hollowman

byrnsy
Mon Jun 09, 2008, 12:50 PM
too easy :lol: thanks Hollowman

Mick

Hollowman
Mon Jun 09, 2008, 02:26 PM
Interbreeding is a way of getting the traites you require bred in. The big breeders do this a lot, and when lines are breeding true you have a new strain. Easy.........not :) Takes years of hard work.

H

byrnsy
Sun Jun 15, 2008, 02:52 AM
Just an update on this post as now i have a situation at hand.

I just lost my male snakeskin to illness this morning and have the female in good helth in the tank. These 2 were a successful breeding pair and my dilemma now is should i keep her and find another male, or sell her and start all over again.

If i was to keep her and find her a buddy, what is the chance she will take to a new male of her strain? What would be the best way to achieve a breeding pair again if i was to keep her?

Mick

ILLUSN
Sun Jun 15, 2008, 02:59 AM
iuf she's a good mum keep her and go find a nice male.

if you cant find an exact match, try crossing her with a turk, as that was the origional strain the snake skin was derived from.

byrnsy
Sun Jun 15, 2008, 03:48 AM
so theres a good chance she will take to a new male?

ILLUSN
Sun Jun 15, 2008, 05:30 AM
usually, if shes happy she will spawn, if hes keen he will follow, i've got 1 male in my community tank who trys to spawn with ANY female.

byrnsy
Sun Jun 15, 2008, 11:46 AM
well that is some good news anyways. Now the task of finding her a new friend. Cheers Illusn

Mick

cityguy
Sun Jun 15, 2008, 03:33 PM
Agree with Hollowman, yes and yes