PDA

View Full Version : red Turqs babys

max.p
Sun Jun 08, 2008, 12:55 AM
Hi
Ich have some pics from my 3 day old babys. I breed without parents so i can breed discus without parasites :D

samir
Sun Jun 08, 2008, 02:31 AM
very nice mate, do show us some more pictures of your setup

waitaki
Sun Jun 08, 2008, 04:36 AM
good going! I was just reading about that!
Me too would love to see your set up

Matt15
Sun Jun 08, 2008, 07:55 AM
Same... some details of your setup would be great. Is this your first batch or have you raised fry previously via this setup?

max.p
Sun Jun 08, 2008, 09:28 AM
yes it`s my first batch where i breed in this setup. i make new picturs when they are older. I`m sory that my english ist not so good i come from germany. I buil at the moment ja new breeding setup here some pics. :D when it is finish i have 3000 liter in this room

max.p
Sun Jun 08, 2008, 09:29 AM
:D

max.p
Sun Jun 08, 2008, 09:47 AM
:D

Merrilyn
Sun Jun 08, 2008, 11:57 AM
Wonderful photos Max.

Could you please explain more about the way you raise babies without parents. What food are you using?

Your new setup looks excellent. Good luck :P

Your english is excellent Max. We can certainly understand you.

max.p
Sun Jun 08, 2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks. I can`t tell something about the breeding without parents becaue i musst promise a frend to tell nothing about breeding without parents. I learn english at the moment i`m 15 years old

waitaki
Wed Jun 25, 2008, 09:03 AM
Looks good Max, are they all RO systems in the second pci? This hobby will keep you out of trouble!!

nchutz
Wed Jun 25, 2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks. I can`t tell something about the breeding without parents becaue i musst promise a frend to tell nothing about breeding without parents. I learn english at the moment i`m 15 years old
Really? is it really such a big secret so that you must promised him?... Artificial method hehehe...... good luck then mate...

waitaki
Wed Jun 25, 2008, 01:41 PM
Hope I'm stealing your thunder; If you buy the book Trophy Discus it is detailed in there :wink:

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Jun 26, 2008, 03:49 AM
Do you have some pictures of the parents?

Ado

ILLUSN
Thu Jun 26, 2008, 04:04 AM
Hope I'm stealing your thunder; If you buy the book Trophy Discus it is detailed in there

That method looks a little diffrent to the trophy discus method.

he's using a net divider inside a glass tank where the book uses white enamel bowls.

also it looks like the pvc pipe has been rolled/coated in egg yolk/egg powder not just sprinkled on the top.

i also dont see an airstone or air tube, i assume the mesh divider allows a slow movement of water through the fry system

to me it looks like a modification of jack wartley's old method from the 70's where he smeared egg yold around a bowl and let the fry graze on that.

Still very exciting, good luck to you, my best sucess rate with rareing fry artificially was 30% :(