PDA

View Full Version : moving to sydney

dorryswife
Fri Jun 06, 2008, 09:17 AM
well in 3 weeks (28 June) i pack my bag and a few boxes and head of to Sydney, leaving the hubby and 4 kids behind in Darwin.

i am sad that i am leaving them but the good thing is i can now buy discus :)

taking a 60l tank with me and will consider getting a bigger one once my accommodation is sorted out (will be in transit accom for 2 months then to a new accomm block

cannot wait to see some of the fish down there

DiscusWidow
Fri Jun 06, 2008, 12:43 PM
How very very sad

Dangerous Dave
Sat Jun 07, 2008, 02:12 AM
Is this a permanent thing?
Can anybody have their priorities that far out of whack?

dorryswife
Sat Jun 07, 2008, 03:42 AM
yes it is a permanent thing, i am in the Navy, and being transferred to wait for a sea posting, and as we own a hose and hubby is in a good job here in Darwin they will stay up here

what is that suppose to me?

nicholas76
Sat Jun 07, 2008, 04:08 AM
Hi Zoe,

Teh move must be very hard on you , and the family however we all have careers.

I travel 4 days of the week but atleast i get to go home.

Best of luck with the move.

DiscusWidow
Sat Jun 07, 2008, 06:46 AM
yes it is a permanent thing, i am in the Navy, and being transferred to wait for a sea posting, and as we own a hose and hubby is in a good job here in Darwin they will stay up here

what is that suppose to me?

Oh god, now that makes sense... good luck and I do not envy you at all... The post you did first sounded like you are replacing hubby and kids with fish, and I was like "Oh my god", I even went back and looked at the photo of you and the kids and said 'How can she do that'.. Thanks now I can stop stressing lol.. Good luck, my kids Dad (my ex) was in the Navy it is a very very hard life..

dorryswife
Sat Jun 07, 2008, 06:59 AM
Oh god, now that makes sense... good luck and I do not envy you at all... The post you did first sounded like you are replacing hubby and kids with fish, and I was like "Oh my god", I even went back and looked at the photo of you and the kids and said 'How can she do that'.. Thanks now I can stop stressing lol.. Good luck, my kids Dad (my ex) was in the Navy it is a very very hard life..

lol

i would never replace my kids with fish, well only if the price was right lol

yes i really hate leaving them but hubby is happy here with his job so thats why i will go unaccompanied, i will fry home for a weekend ever 2 months (doesn't sound like much but its better than nothing)

so stop stressing babe :)

DiscusWidow
Sat Jun 07, 2008, 09:39 AM
You do not need to justify yourself... Was hoping it was something like what you are doing, just the way you worded it, I went OMG... haha, good luck with the move and hopefully they post you back home soon..

Merrilyn
Sun Jun 08, 2008, 10:51 AM
Good luck with the move Zoe, and good luck and thanks to all our friends in the services.

You guys and gals do a wonderful job, and we don't tell you often enough.

It can't be easy, being on the move all the time.