PDA

View Full Version : looking at discus tank for hours

MFG
Wed Jun 04, 2008, 11:08 PM
Is it normal for Discus lovers to look at their "babies" (Discus and /or fry) at hours. observing their movement, response etc?

If so, do you think by doing so, you have neglected other important part of your life? ie, kids, wife, work, life?

cheers
Scott

AHC
Thu Jun 05, 2008, 12:38 AM
Ive just broken up with my girlfriend. Despite my friends and family's comments - it didnt have anything to do with Discus. However, if the break-up time wasnt spent playing with my Discus it could have been a lot harder experience . So to answer your question. It is normal to play with/observe Discus for large amounts of time. Do i think i have neglected other parts of my life? Probably. But thats the fine art of balancing we need to learn. Importantly, we need to invest the time into everything that makes us happy. Discus, friends, family, garlic dumplings - whatever. Balance is important.

MFG
Thu Jun 05, 2008, 02:07 AM
yes, i agree. this makes us happy in life

good on you.

cheers
Scott

Matt15
Thu Jun 05, 2008, 05:52 AM
Scott i've wasted time doing far worse things than watching/playing with my discus/tanks.

A very good example would be playing on-line video games which can be extremely addicitive. I still play occasionally but nowhere near the hours per day I use to spend.

waitaki
Thu Jun 05, 2008, 02:30 PM
I should be studying for exams - instead I watch my babies, I change their water, I check on them every half hour, I check out the discus websites - I hope it helps to pass my exams!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

rwel4809
Thu Jun 05, 2008, 10:45 PM
I should be studying for exams - instead I watch my babies, I change their water, I check on them every half hour, I check out the discus websites - I hope it helps to pass my exams!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

know what you mean... Fish are an excellent diversion from study I am prone to serious discus related procrastination.

:D

MFG
Thu Jun 05, 2008, 11:09 PM
at least we know that there is this side of the world.... the fish lovers...
:)

Scott

katchan
Fri Jun 06, 2008, 12:23 PM
or they can be excellent therapy for those of us afflicted with mental illness

Merrilyn
Sun Jun 08, 2008, 11:21 AM
Hmmmm I'm sure my discus keep me sane.

Of course, others may disagree :lol: