PDA

View Full Version : Supid question

Zephaniah
Mon Jun 02, 2008, 03:28 PM
Something I just realized and figured I would throw out there.

My wife keeps buying anti-bacterial hand soap.
So whenever I wash my hands (which is pretty often) and then go handle fish food, equipment, etc, that's probably a bad thing right?

tomahawk
Mon Jun 02, 2008, 05:32 PM
My 10 cents worth is: Its a very good thing !!

Fishontherun
Tue Jun 03, 2008, 03:19 AM
I put my hand in the tank after washing it with soap ... nothing happen to the fish !! although I'm also a bit concerned, but I think as long as we rinse well then it should be ok.

Hollowman
Tue Jun 03, 2008, 07:23 AM
Take a look at this link, bit of a read, but it says that 'other ingredients' are used to add smell, viscocity etc.

If it were me, I would make sure I rinsed really well before I put my hands near my fish.

http://www.enotes.com/how-products-encyclopedia/antibacterial-soap

:)

H

cityguy
Tue Jun 03, 2008, 07:32 AM
Isn't it just good logic that washing hand with an antibacteria soap is good, and hands should be thoroughly rinsed on wash..

After that you put it in the fish tank or refrigerator, what harm could it probably bring ?

cityguy
Tue Jun 03, 2008, 07:36 AM
A good pair of long rubber gloves is nice to have when working on fishtanks. Although they can be cumbersome. :?

I would also like to add that I would not worrry about cross contamitation the tank with residue soap if you are a average to good hand washer after putting in soap. :roll: