PDA

View Full Version : Wardley Para and Plants.

mr troph
Fri May 30, 2008, 07:31 AM
:) G'day all its time to treat my D's for flukes and worms again. Thing is I have added some plants to the setup I was wondering if the meds I'm using, Wardley Para has an adverse effect on plants. I have lost the direction paper that it came with :oops: .
Looking for quick response as I am hopeing to dose tonight after water change.
Thanks.

Todd

mr troph
Wed Jun 04, 2008, 08:24 AM
:( Does anyone use this parasite med. I remember it saying something about plants but cant remember if it said you could use with plants or could not.

Todd

Hollowman
Wed Jun 04, 2008, 10:10 AM
I did a bit of searching on this one and came up blank as to a Wardley Parasite med. I would use another med if I were you.
get some Parazi-pro, that will do it and won't harm your filter or plants.

Here is a good link to directions of use:

http://www.uskoi.com/prazipro.htm

Hope that helps.

Hollowman :)

zar
Wed Jun 04, 2008, 10:04 PM
The active ingredient of para ex is trichlorofon as far as i can remember.
i used trichlorofon once, it's pretty hardcore on the fish.
Dieter Untergasser recommends a stronger dosage for discus. do a search on here for trichlorofon you should find the details somwhere, i think i posted them a while ago.

From my experience, i wouldnt use it again, one of my fish seems to have gotten some sort of permanent damage from it, not sure what it is but the fish has just been weak and not eating really skinny, i'm waiting for it to die but it's been like that for months..

make sure that your temperature never goes over 27 degrees, trichlorofon becomes toxic over 27 degrees. also, it'll kill your tetras and catfish so take them out if you have any.
it didn't seem to have any bad effects on plants.

MFG
Wed Jun 04, 2008, 11:09 PM
hi, my plants are all healthy after i add para and triple S.

regards
Scott

mr troph
Fri Jun 06, 2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the replies. I have used this med many times on my Discus and Tropheus but never with plants. I'll dose them up tommorro and see how it goes. Will be getting an internal wormer next order, and recomendations.
Thanks.

Todd