PDA

View Full Version : Shy Discus..

tomahawk
Thu May 29, 2008, 08:27 AM
I have a total of 11 fishes in my tank, they were added in this order 4+4+3. In the last batch the 3 fishes I added, have now become together with the old team, except just 1. This fish hides inside a submerged barrel the whole day, and even does not comes out to feed. It eats a few morsals that falls inside the barrel and thats it ! None of the other fishes shows any interest on this fellow as well.

At night, after I switch off the lights of the tank, it comes out once in a while and most of the time just makes a quick swim around the tank and then disappears in its hiding place. Mostly when it comes out, it will also rub itself to the ornaments or plants of the tank, as if it has ich and then disappear as fast as it can in hiding !

What do I do.. remove this fish altogether or give it some more time ?

Hollowman
Thu May 29, 2008, 08:44 AM
Sound like it could be a fluke infestation. If it is flicking and scraping itself, it is one indication. I think I would put it in qt and treat.
A treatment with Prazi should work.
Routine = ¼ teaspoon / 20 gallons, wait 48 hours, change 50% water, wait 24hrs, change 50% water, repeat for 2 weeks.

Experts please add if you have other methods.

Hollowman

tomahawk
Thu May 29, 2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks buds Hollow, shall wait for a few more replies and then get going

cityguy
Thu May 29, 2008, 09:34 AM
I agree with Hollowman.. tomahawk, it seems like gill fluke. You should start treatment..

cityguy
Fri May 30, 2008, 07:55 AM
How are things moving tom ? Any development and improvement ?

tomahawk
Mon Jun 02, 2008, 12:23 PM
Yes the fluke treatment worked, thanks to both of you guyz..

Hollowman
Mon Jun 02, 2008, 12:28 PM
Good news :)