PDA

View Full Version : Fins still dissapearing!

Jules
Wed May 28, 2008, 07:02 AM
All my fish had small amount of fin rot when i got them i have been doing salt treatment with every w/c since 31st march. the little ones however are getting worse and the fins are looking very ragged all the larger ones healed up ok. i have a treatment from Malaysia called "super bacteria treater 1" Is this safe to use :?: and also does this mean i need some sort of carbon to remove it when finished or can i just do very large water changes as i have no carbon filter. Remembering this is christmas island so cannot get supplies inside 2-3 months. i cannot find anyone to supply me beefheart so they are not growing either. Parameters are
pH 7.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrates 10
Temp 32C
Nitrites ? still waiting for test kit

Jules
Fri May 30, 2008, 07:00 AM
please can anyone tell me if i should use this or what else i can do i am still just adding the salt. Also this fish seems to have trouble getting food in its mouth and is getting very skinny. It mouths & mouths at the food then another one will come and get it why is it having so much trouble sucking the food in? Help Thanks

Hollowman
Fri May 30, 2008, 08:42 AM
Jules, can you post some photos please?

In some more drastic cases the fins can be cut to get rid of the rot, but you need to find the route cause of why this started, water stats please, along with W/C regine (how much-how often)

hth

Hollowman :)

Jules
Fri May 30, 2008, 09:25 AM
Hi Hollowman have been trying to get photos but no success as yet I have 500ltr tank and do 100 ltr change twice a week. i use pure rain water there are some floating plants and one potted plant and 3 pieces of driftwood
pH 7.2
temp 32C
Amonia 0
Nitrates 10
Nitrites ? still waiting on test kit
I am running 2 Aqua Genie filters 1 eheim 2260 and 1 Dia 809
There are 11 discus but only 1 with this prob it just never cleared up on this one right from the start they all initially had it but the rest seem to have all cleared up ok by just using the salt at a rate of 1tsp per 40litres. thanks

Hollowman
Fri May 30, 2008, 09:58 AM
Might be worth moving to a hospital tank for a PP treatment. :(

H