PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Pair

Rocket
Thu May 22, 2008, 12:56 PM
Hi All

I have quick problem that I would like to get some information or advise on please.

The problem that I have, is that the pair are lying the eggs on the bottom of the tank. The tank is a 48x14x18 and is BB. The are the only fish in the tank. The laid the eggs on the side of the community tank then I moved them into the BB tank. The have had 5 spawns since and have all been one week apart and on the bottom of the tank. The tank has a sponge filter and a cone in it. The PH is 6.1 Temp 29 and no ammonia

I have thought about lying a thin layer of stones on the bottom to prevent them from laying on the bottom.

Any help and Advice would be greatly appreciated.

samir
Thu May 22, 2008, 12:58 PM
put some wire mesh at the bottom.

Hollowman
Thu May 22, 2008, 02:20 PM
Some fish are just plain daft :roll:

If they have a cone they will realise what it's for soon I am sure. Maybe give them some more objects to aim for, stone, plastic whateer is water safe, let them have some variety, they'll get it eventually

hth

H

dwilder
Thu May 22, 2008, 05:39 PM
let them lay on the bottom we use cones because most discus want to lay on something upright but if they are laying and fertilising the eggs properly leave them be

Rocket
Sat May 24, 2008, 12:10 AM
thanks all for the replays. One thing I did leave out on the original post is that I have not got any to wriggle stage. This is why I was thinking of trying something else. The are due to lay again in two days time. I was also thinking about placing them back in the community tank for a few lays and see what happens.

Rocket
Fri May 30, 2008, 11:47 PM
thanks again for all the help

I laid some mesh on the bottom of the tank and it worked the laid the eggs on the side of the tank and 2 days later I had wrigglers.

None of the wrigglers made it but at least I'm progressing along and the main thing is that I can be 100% sure I have a breeding pair now. :lol: