PDA

View Full Version : Tefe green X RSG

Squid
Sat May 17, 2008, 01:41 PM
Hi all. Ben Milbourne has some of my fry which were Tefe green X Thai RSG. Here are some of the fry grown up from the same parents. I'm not a genetics guru at all - but that Red turk/pidgeon blood gene seems really strong. None of them resembles the wild green male. Have a look at the genetics through-backs in the fry. A spotted red turk? + plus other wierd stuf

Ness
Sun May 18, 2008, 02:16 AM
are the fish you posted tony the same batch as these?
Have a sus of this........
Ross

Squid
Sun May 18, 2008, 09:00 AM
Yeah Ross - same batch. About the only thing they have in common is the vertical striping just aft of the head area. Neither of the parents have that anyway. Some of these fish didn't turn out too bad. I dont think I'll cross the wild stuff with these hybrid things any more - just an experiment

Tony

Tommo
Sun May 18, 2008, 11:37 AM
Sensational Looking Fish Squid

Nice

Cheers Tommo

Ness
Mon May 19, 2008, 08:16 AM
i've been quite happy with them.......still got 9 of em.
some are around the 5 inch mark now. what have you got on the go at the moment tony?
ROSS

Squid
Mon May 19, 2008, 10:56 AM
On the go?!?!?!?!?! - 1 x Human fetus. Dr Ursula is pregnant and my life as fish breeder has terminated for a while. Didn't put in a single pair this year. Done heaps of dwarfs and stuff. Got all the discus in an orgy tank. Breeding like rabbits but all the fry are eaten by the others. Thinking of putting a pair in a breeding tank this week though.

Tony

Merrilyn
Mon May 19, 2008, 12:22 PM
Congratulations Tony. Human babies are almost a cute as discus babies :lol: :lol:

Just kidding.

That's great news :wave2

Matt15
Tue May 20, 2008, 06:45 AM
Congrats on the news Tony...!!!!

Your fish look great too mate. :D

Ness
Tue May 20, 2008, 09:23 AM
funny you should say that mate.......one in the pipeline here as well.
lol.....how far along? congrats to you both. manda asked how friday and igor are goin........lol. we all know friday has a thing for her. dirty bird...

Squid
Thu May 22, 2008, 10:30 AM
If that bird were human, he would be in jail now for sex related offenses. He now has a huge aviary and cant get any access to my fish room. This means I can come home and not have to check ever airline hose for 'perforations'

Dr Ursula is expecting on Christmas day. May have to lay off buying my imported fishies for a year or so.

Tony

Ness
Fri May 23, 2008, 11:04 PM
LOL>>>>>>Manda is due ten days before christmas. 10 days after lachlans. what days you got off work mate. i have tue wed thurs off each week now....work the other 4. have to get down there and drop in

Squid
Sun May 25, 2008, 08:00 AM
They work me like a slave - but given enough notice I can get just about any day off