PDA

View Full Version : Other classifieds

Cichlabxr
Tue May 13, 2008, 05:26 AM
Just wondered if anyone has bought Discus via another classified site. This person from Lidcombe advertises quite regularly. Strange they don't advertise them on this forum. Does anyone know if they are a commercial enterprise? They are selling wild browns for$60. !!!!!!??????

Regards Martin

Matt15
Tue May 13, 2008, 08:35 AM
The wildbrown in the photo looks pretty good especially for only $65.

albatrozz
Tue May 13, 2008, 11:15 AM
Honestly i think that he's making it up. They are browns but i don't think they are wild.

ILLUSN
Tue May 13, 2008, 01:07 PM
the photos i saw wern't wilds

vyberman
Tue May 13, 2008, 06:27 PM
OK kinda new to discus spotting.
How do you tell the difference between a wild and a tank bred fish by looking at a photo?

Also, lets say for example: If i managed to get hold of two wilds and breed them. Would they appear to the eye like tank bread ones? Or do the visible differences show right away in the next generation of fish?

ILLUSN
Tue May 13, 2008, 11:32 PM
theres a few traits you can look for, vertical stress bars should be noticable even when the fish is at ease, especially through the eye and base of the tail, the iris should be nice and unform in coloration, the fins are also abit of a giveaway, there should be some dark color in there.

this is what wilds look like

http://www.amazon-exotic-import.de/Gallerie/Diskuswildf%E4nge/INDEX.htm

Matt15
Wed May 14, 2008, 07:59 AM
The name "Wildbrown" is just a marketing ploy for the unsuspecting.
Given the fish in the photo however that price is still very good for that fish.

TW
Wed May 14, 2008, 10:28 AM
via another classified siteWhat site is it? Thanks

Matt15
Wed May 14, 2008, 10:49 AM
Robyn PM sent :D

Proteus
Wed May 14, 2008, 08:34 PM
The person you are refering to that his selling via this other site is a known scammer.

Buyer beware

Cichlabxr
Wed May 14, 2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. That explains it Proteus, thank you.

Regards
Martin

Proteus
Thu May 15, 2008, 01:20 AM
Several people here have purchased fish from this person and in most cases that I have heard, not got what they expected, fish died within the space of a few days or weeks, or infected other fish causing a major wipe out of all fish on hand.

The same person is banned from this site due to ripping members off, and is banned from several other local forums.

Fishontherun
Thu May 15, 2008, 03:05 AM
hi Can I ask which site/ person is it ? I was given a pair of discus from a friend who bought it some a guy from Lidcome .. 1 died 1 stunt, not sure if it's the same ? apparently he has other stuff like turtle, snakes....

vyberman
Thu May 15, 2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks Illusn.
I am slowly learning what i am looking at, i'm finding the critique threads very useful :)

fish8600
Sun Jun 08, 2008, 02:33 PM
i bought two discus from this guy in Lidcombe,actually is in Auburn.They 're all good , one male is pairing up with a fish I already had.

AHC
Mon Jun 09, 2008, 11:45 PM
When i was first researching discus i contacted this person via email. i saw an add from them in i think, petlink or tradingpost. I hadnt bought any discus then and was looking around. I asked from the seller to send me some photos of their fish. I got back some pictures that were from the internet. No photos where taken themselves and i had seen these same pictures on other unrelated sites. That was enough for me not too trust them. Didnt contact them back after that. Never trust anyone who cant back their own product.