PDA

View Full Version : Tank Planning

AHC
Thu May 08, 2008, 12:55 AM
Hi Guys and Gals,

Ok, so im wanting my new tank to be as much a display tank as possible. When i order im getting holes drilles for the filters (2 x 2080). My question is, can i hook up a 36w pondmaster uv to a 2080 or will the flow rate be too quick. i dont want to have any tubes in the actual tank so dont want to have to fit in an extra little filter to run the uv. If the flow rate is to quick, should i drill holes for another little filter (like a 2215 or soemthing)? I would rather not do this if possible. Whats the best way i can go.

Secondly, Heaters! im interested in external heater tube for my jagers. I have been able to find any that fit. If i do, are these ok to hook up to the 2080? or should i just have them in the corner of the tank. I dont want to limit the 2080's filtration capabilities. Im also having lifegaurd air control kit for the hidden air line.

Thanks for your thoughts. Very much appreciated.

Davo
Thu May 08, 2008, 09:27 AM
AHC,

I am also in the process of setting up a new tank for dicus and geos. It will be a 6x2x2.5 12mm tank. I have bought a Eheim 2260 off ebay and will also be buying a eheim 2080.

I am tossing up whether to either plum the intakes/returns through the base of the tank or just going the normal way (over the rear wall). I also want as little as possible in the tank but I am worried about plumbing thru the base (leakage etc.)

Regarding heating I have a hagen 300w inline heater and was thinking of using it and another one inline on each filter. I would like to know before hand if the heaters will reduce water flow. I also have a 25w De Bary UVS and hopefully will be able to also place this inline with one of the filters if it also does not reduce water flow.

Hopefully we will be able to get some advice.

Dave.

AHC
Thu May 08, 2008, 10:31 PM
Im glad i asked! :lol:

Im pluming my filters through the back glass. I have seen some plummed through the bottom too and it is safe (using bulk heads). get it done as the fish shop.

Lets wait for some expert advice.

AHC
Fri May 09, 2008, 01:20 AM
Just thought id post a link to the heater modual i am thinking of.

http://www.pentairaquatics.com/products/detail/module_heater.html

AHC
Mon May 12, 2008, 11:39 PM
Can anyone help with the above questions?