PDA

View Full Version : First Breeding Pair

Rocket
Tue May 06, 2008, 02:11 PM
Hi all

Just after some advice on the below problem I'm having.

the pair are kept in a 4 x 18 x 18 BB tank with a 20% water change done daily and at least a 50% every Sunday
Water Temp is 29 to 29.5 Cel
Ph is around the 6.0
No ammonia
and is just running a sponge filter on it.
also have a cone in the tank

The pair laid eggs in the community tank so I grabbed the above tank to house them in. Evey Monday night without fail the will lay eggs and have done this for the last 4 weeks and yet to get any wrigglers.

The big problem I'm finding is that in the BB tank the keep laying on the bottom of the tank. In the community tank the laid on side in a corner but refuse to do this in the tank I have set up just for them.

The discus are 17 months old (Born - Nov 06)

I hope I have given enough useful information to you guys and would appreciate any help you might have.

Rodney

norto
Wed May 07, 2008, 04:36 AM
G'Day Rocket,
Mate I had the same trouble with a pair of Snow whites it didn't matter what sort of device i put in there for them to lay on they would lay on the side of the aquarium and I to did not have much luck.After about 10 spawns and heaps of changes I made with the breeding requirements I took the cone out of the tank and just let them lay on the glass.After they laid (maybe 10min) I added some blue to their tank the stuff I used is called Magic Blue just put in about 6 drops and after 2 more spawns I had some success, so mate all I can say is keep perservering and try the blue(Meth Blue). HTH.
regards,
Norto.