PDA

View Full Version : History

gingerbeer01
Mon May 05, 2008, 09:36 AM
Seeing Steph turn up reminds me of the old days. Just thought I would put a post up linking to the "old" forum. Lots of history and knowledge there - interesting to see how far the dwarf hobby has come too.

http://p208.ezboard.com/The-DWARF-Cichlid-Tank/bthecichlidtank

Look out for Steph and Thomas. Not sure if anyother still around were back there. I was gingerbeer in around '03 - had a couple of other names before then.

Big thanks to Simon and co for starting me on the apisto path and causing thinning of hair and premature mid age roundness.

Th0mas
Mon May 05, 2008, 01:10 PM
OMG --- I didn't know that board is still alive after all these years with no new post.

Steve, you shouldn't blame Simon for that problem, it's in all of us regardless - it's called getting old.....

Despite the note in the original board says the dwarf board has been merged into Sydney Cichlids (now known as ACE), but that got merged into one of their main board due to lack of traffics/posts/interests/etc (steph and myself got a family and were taking time out for kids, Simon moved on to his new adventure). Then mods and admin of discusforums (Proteus, etc) were kind enough to resurrect the dwarf board in the discusforums.com, and it has been here since then.

There has been a few odd posts in the ACE for dwarf which myself, Steve and some of us old-timers will still drop over and response.