PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Rocket
Thu May 01, 2008, 11:49 AM
Hi all

I have been spending the last few weeks searching and ready this lovely form and finding the information/advice fantastic, so I thought this is a great forum and I will be sticking around to gather as much information to help me keeping my pride and joys (that is my discus lol)

Well a little about me

Have been keeping fish for about 8 or so years (mainly community tropical tanks) had marine fish for about a year or so. about 4 months ago cleaning out the Garage I find my old marine tank 6x18x18 tank and thought I would get back into my fish again. Tossed up between going marine and Discus. The Discus one and to this day it is one of the best choices i have made.

now I have 6 Discus, 2 Golden Rams, 2 Blue Rams, Black Widows (which have had babies), 6 Cory, 3 Bristle nose, Simease Fighter and a few Neon Tetras.

In the last month I have had 2 of the discus pair up and no have a seperate 4x18x18 BB tank to them selfs which the lay eggs look clock work on a Monday evening for the last 2 weeks. Have not had them get to the stage of wriigles but it will happen (I hope).

I think that is enough about me for now and I'm hoping that this forum will help me in the journey of trying to get my breeding pair of Discus going in the right direction

Hollowman
Thu May 01, 2008, 12:27 PM
Welcome Rocket

Matt15
Thu May 01, 2008, 02:40 PM
Welcome to the forums Rocket. I'm glad you made the discus choice and not marines (there's nothing wrong with marines...=) ) I'm sure you'll find loads of informative posts regarding breeding discus.

Bubbles
Fri May 02, 2008, 04:21 AM
Hey Rocket,

Welcome to the forum, I just realized I am just around the corner from you!!!! it is a small world.

Good luck with your Discus, you will get to the fry stage with your Discus eventually, might just take some time.

AHC
Fri May 02, 2008, 04:37 AM
Welcome Rocket,

Glad to have you aboard. There is a nice little marine section in the forum too which im sure your experience may come in handy one day. :cheers

Rocket
Fri May 02, 2008, 08:49 AM
thank you all for the warm welcome

@ Bubbles we are just around the corner from each other this could come in very handy lol

Merrilyn
Fri May 02, 2008, 12:10 PM
A very warm welcome to the forum Rocket.

Glad you found us :P

Bubbles
Sat May 03, 2008, 11:57 AM
Hey Neighbour,

Great to talk to someone just around the corner from me - very freaky.

Is it just Discus you keep?

We are into the South American Dwarf Cichlids.

Rocket
Mon May 05, 2008, 12:40 PM
Mainly Discus but also like the Fighters and a just a general community tank