PDA

View Full Version : jager heaters

AHC
Wed Apr 23, 2008, 10:36 PM
Hi Everyone,

I currently have 3 Jager heaters and have used these for the last few years. I have 2 300w and a 250w. Im using one of the 300w in my 200l tank (i know its for 600 - 1000w) and noticed that it has got a fair bit of condensation in the top part of it. This heater is only about 3 months old. is this normal? I didnt think so and rang the shop i got it from and they said that it is normal and to put it on an angle and it wont happen?

Thing is warrenty doesnt cover for broken glass etc so am a little worried it may exploed in my tank and kill my fish and maybe even me - based on the LFS saying that its ok.

Also. you know how it has a Submersible line on the head - does this mean we shouldnt be placing them completely under? i know weird question but it also say's its a full submersible heater but then this line is displayed? Havent had any problems with them till now and just curious if it is because it was submersed past that line. :roll:

Whats everyones experience with these heaters? mine has been great... expect for this.

AHC
Wed Apr 23, 2008, 11:28 PM
PS. Maybe its a minimum water line to keep the thermostat under....

AHC
Thu Apr 24, 2008, 12:21 AM
HAHAH, im probably the only person ever, to post a question, PS the question and then Answer the question. Im not really on day release.

Ok, so rang around a few fish shops and got mixed answers. Finally got a number and called the sales distrubitors up in Qld for them to confirm. They straight away said its 'standard' in those heaters and quite normal to get a bit of condensation in there. She also said they have never had any issues with the condensation shorting the power or blowing somebody's hands off. hehehehe.

Makes me a settled about the expense put into our Discus.

ILLUSN
Thu Apr 24, 2008, 12:27 AM
G'day mate , all my heaters are jagers (26 in total),
all but 3 have some condensation in there, its nothing to worry about.

AHC
Thu Apr 24, 2008, 12:29 AM
few, thanks mate.

mental note. people's comments - "jager heaters are the bomb", are not literal comments. :D

taksan
Thu Apr 24, 2008, 02:28 AM
I've got maybe 16 jagers and about 1/3 would have that condensation you describe
No problems so far ....unlike Fluval heaters which blow up and even electrocute fish once in a while.

Seanyboyrulz
Thu Apr 24, 2008, 08:17 AM
FLUVAL HEATERS CAN BLOW UP?!?!?! OMG!!! :shock: I'm getting Jagers once i have enough cash, if that is true

taksan
Thu Apr 24, 2008, 04:03 PM
FLUVAL HEATERS CAN BLOW UP?!?!?! OMG!!! :shock: I'm getting Jagers once i have enough cash, if that is true

Calm down Seanyboy All heaters can blow up ..... 8-)

But only Fluvals have done it to me recently.