PDA

View Full Version : A couple more new ones....!!!

Matt15
Tue Apr 22, 2008, 01:37 PM
Here's a couple more new fish which I've purchased over the past month or so. I'm forever updating my signature.....hahahah...!!!!

Enjoy.....;)

First one is a San Merah

Matt15
Tue Apr 22, 2008, 01:39 PM
Albino Pearl Diamond

Matt15
Tue Apr 22, 2008, 01:42 PM
A couple more pics of the Albino Melon Intermediates.

Matt15
Tue Apr 22, 2008, 01:43 PM
And last is a checkerboard pigeon blood. He's really peppered up since being in the planted com tank so i'm undecided whether i'll keep him or not. He is a feisty one thou and has loads of character with the other discus in the tank.

rwel4809
Tue Apr 22, 2008, 09:45 PM
love the San Merah I like his/her blue face and stress bar through the eye and tail - I want one!!

Looks like you've built a fine collection Matt :D

Robert

Matt15
Wed Apr 23, 2008, 12:22 AM
Thanks Robert. My collection is seen as a small spec compaired to Ivo but its getting there. Ivo is my idol..... :D

Nitecongt
Wed Apr 23, 2008, 02:30 AM
dude luv the San Merah!

if you can get a cleaner picture I'd have that as my desktop Background!

rwel4809
Wed Apr 23, 2008, 06:41 AM
Thanks Robert. My collection is seen as a small spec compaired to Ivo but its getting there. Ivo is my idol..... :D

I know, don't know where ivo gets his fish from but I've never seen any like them on my fish buying expeditions :cry:

Hollowman
Wed Apr 23, 2008, 07:54 AM
Hi Matt,

Why are you calling the melon an Albino? just curious :)

Hollowman

Matt15
Wed Apr 23, 2008, 12:25 PM
dude luv the San Merah!
if you can get a cleaner picture I'd have that as my desktop Background!
I'm actually in the process of borrowing a high powered camera. No dates set yet, but i'll certainly post some pics once they are taken.

Why are you calling the melon an Albino? just curious :)
Mate I don't have an answer for that one. They were sold as Albino Melon Intermediates and thats all I can tell you. Next time I'm near the shop I'll drop in to ask more questions.
I'm not 100% certain but pretty sure they source there stock from Malaysia.

Hollowman
Wed Apr 23, 2008, 01:38 PM
Ok, Matt.

Reason I asked was because a true 'Albino' has either pink or plum coloured pupils to its eyes. Yours look black as normal. If you were sold them as albino, and charged a higher price for them I would ask for a substantial refund. To me it is just a melon, but a nice fish by all accounts.
:)
hth

Hollowman

Matt15
Wed Apr 23, 2008, 10:12 PM
I've just called the LFS and he said that they contain the Albino gene, however they are part of an early breeding program hence why "intermediate" is used in the name.
These are without a doubt the cleanest Melons I have ever seen. I totally agree about the pink/plum pupil and I certainly didn't pay Albino prices for them. I'm wrapped with the purchase as my old red melon had an orange face.

Hollowman
Thu Apr 24, 2008, 08:05 AM
I'm wrapped with the purchase .

Yes, nice fish mate :)

Hollowman

BSW
Thu Apr 24, 2008, 12:26 PM
The first fish is absolutely amazing ! (San Merah)
I've never seen a fish marked in such a way, what a find !
All of them are beautiful. But that first one is a stunner !
Lucky you !
B