PDA

View Full Version : G'day Y'all

siemanthepieman
Mon Apr 21, 2008, 03:25 AM
Hi everyone,

I have just joined up. I was looking for an answer to a question I have about a Discus I recently introduced to my planted tank (with one other Discus, a school of rummy-nose tetras and 5 ottos) and I found that much useful information that I thought I would join.

I also enjoy the photo comps on Aquariumlife.com.au where I am a member. I was a little disappointed that it is quality of the fish not the photo that counts though - I have a fairly strict $50 limit on my Discus purcahses but I think I take a pretty mean photo on occasion.

I have had Discus for a few years now - first 2 Blue Turqs, then I moved and got 2 Pigeon Bloods until my whole tank crashed and they died, then a Red Turq and a Brown and then 2 Blue Turq X Blue Colbalts of which one never looked too good and died. I just bought an unidentified strain as a friend for the remaining Blue Turq X - it is not looking the best, thus my question, but I will ask that in the appropriate spot.

The Red Turq and the Brown have laid eggs on 5 - 10 seperate occassions, but I have never had fry. I am trying to sell this pair now as I am moving house and have no room anymore. One day I will get another pair and try again.

I am right into my planted tanks (but haven't forked out for pressurised CO2 yet) but have found that by keeping Nitrates at the low end of the scale, the temp at about 27 and only adding minimal trace elements you can keep plants and Discus both pretty happy.

Keep an eye out for my photo gallery - just have to dig my pics and host them.

Simon

Bubbles
Mon Apr 21, 2008, 03:32 AM
Welcome to the Discus Forum Simon,

Looking forward to seeing your pics & I hope your sick Discus gets better soon.

Cheers,

Bubbles aka Karen :thumb

Matt15
Mon Apr 21, 2008, 03:45 AM
Welcome to the forums Simon.

GL with selling your turq and brown pair. We have alot of discus enthusiasts in Adelaide so i'm sure you'll find a good home for them here.

I'd love to see some of your pictures, so be sure to post up some links once they have been hosted.

AHC
Mon Apr 21, 2008, 04:19 AM
Welcome to the forum Simon

:cheers

Merrilyn
Mon Apr 21, 2008, 12:32 PM
Welcome Simon. Hope you enjoy your time with us.

MFG
Tue Apr 22, 2008, 12:31 AM
welcome.

looking forward to your pics too

scott

siemanthepieman
Fri Apr 25, 2008, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the welcomes all.

Here's a few pics of the pair I mentioned that I am trying to sell to a good home before I move house. If anyone is interested please let me know.

siemanthepieman
Fri Apr 25, 2008, 07:20 AM
Here is a shot of the Red Turq.

There are three shots of the Brown in the April competition post.

I'm hoping to get over $100 for the pair of them. All offers considered though.

They are both about 10cm from nose to base of tail.