PDA

View Full Version : Albino Melon Intermediate Pair

Matt15
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 09:21 AM
I've been absolutely busting at the seams for the past month to post my newest breeding pair of discus.
If it wasn't my digital camera playing up, it was the T5 on my Q tank or the bloody fish not sitting still long enough to take good photos. Hard subjects they can be at times...... :D
Anyways I bought them from Annerley Aqurium here in Brisbane a few weeks ago now and only last week introduced them to the com tank.

I'll try to get some clearer shots within the next week.

Enjoy....;)

scott bowler
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 09:56 AM
nice fish matt they look good mate

royce_23au
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 10:09 AM
great looking fish mate :thumb

Mr Discus
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 10:33 AM
I am jealous.

Let me know when you get some fry gowing out Matt!!

nicholas76
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 10:45 AM
mint fish!!

hopefully they wont wash out

Ben
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 11:15 AM
Matt, stunning fish mate, last time i saw fish as good as that was when i was in SE Asia!

ozarowana
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 11:46 AM
Nice, agree with Nick keep up the colour feeding if you want to try and keep the colour.

Matt15
Wed Apr 16, 2008, 08:40 AM
Thx for all your comments...... :wink:
I don't colour feed so we'll see how they go. I believe they aren't but only time will tell.

TW
Wed Apr 16, 2008, 09:34 AM
They're beautiful. What do you feed them?

Matt15
Wed Apr 16, 2008, 11:34 AM
Morning: Beefheart mix
Midday: Mal's freeze dryed BW. (Once a week mixed with Seachem Garlic Guard)
Night: Brineshrimp & Bloodworms

albatrozz
Fri May 16, 2008, 05:57 AM
Just wondering Matt, have these guys laid eggs for you yet?

Matt15
Fri May 16, 2008, 01:09 PM
Mate would you believe they are BOTH females.... :cry:

I was absolutely devastated when I watched them BOTH lay eggs together in the comm tank.
BUT I've actually paired one of them up with a new Albino male I bought and they laided there first batch together earlier in the week. They were supposed to get jiggy with each other first and then I was going to move them to a small 2fter but she laided within 3 days of being with the Ablino.

I've attached three pics. You can see in the last pic that some have dark markings and the others are clear coloured. So the ratio for Albino/Albino Red Melon is about 50/50 and there's at least 150 which hatched. Fingers crossed they all survive.... :D

The other female is still in the com tank and lays once a week. I'm thinking once these guys get established, i'll move the male to the smaller 2fter tank and let him breed with her. So far he's been great support so I haven't seen any real need to move him away just yet.

albatrozz
Sat May 17, 2008, 10:56 PM
nice pair, how are the fry doing?