PDA

View Full Version : FS: Aquatic Chlorophytum Plants

MangoR34
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 11:09 AM
I have about 30 Aquatic Chlorophytum Plants for sale. They are about 6-8cm wide and tall. They are grown 100% under water for 4-5 generations now. They require little lighting, which is good. Perfect for center plants!

Will ship anywhere at buyer's expense.

http://www.aquarium-hoene.de/pflanze48.jpg

Same plants, but doesnt come as shown, they come as bareroots.

$4 each or 2 for $6

Mango :)

benkk
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 12:14 PM
where about are you located ?

MangoR34
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 01:13 PM
Canley Vale

Th0mas
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 02:25 PM
How big would they be compared to the picture?

MangoR34
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 04:23 PM
Single plant about 10cm tall and leaves extending 10cm wide.

XPLOSV
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 10:28 PM
I think this is it.

http://www.ivanov.ch/plantations/image/-moche/plantsec.jpg

Th0mas
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 11:24 PM
Single plant about 10cm tall and leaves extending 10cm wide.

Thanks, can you put me down for 2 as well please.

Seanyboyrulz
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 11:33 PM
PM Sent. I'm after 2 as well.

MangoR34
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 05:37 AM
Pickup wont be available as I wont be at home where the plants are grown. Im free on Fridays and Sundays, can meet at Trans Aquariums if you guys like.

Or I can ship them $7 express post anywhere in australia!

Fisherman
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 06:27 AM
Hi,

Could I please inquire what water conditions this plant will survive/prosper in? (Temp, pH and hardness)? Keen to look at some via post to Melbourne.

Cheers

Tam
phamt@az1.bp.com

Mr Discus
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 08:00 AM
^^^ I would like to know the same as Fisherman.

Mango - what sort of substrate do these plants prefer? Is a nutrient rich substrate necessary, or do they grow perfectly fine in plain gravel?

Also, what is the growth rate like? I assume if they are a low light plant, then a slow growth rate would be expected?

MangoR34
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 10:42 AM
Hi guys,

I have them in half sand and 1-2mm gravel substrate. I tend to add some fertilizer tablets (i use API brand). I have them in both cold (outside in pond) and most indoors in 26.5*C. I have them in neutral most of the time but they seem to be ok is water with the pH of 5.8 - 7.5

They tend do love the sandy substrate, but 5mm pea gravel is fine. They have thick roots of about 2mm at first then they grow their fine roots once established into it new home.

In rich nutrient substrate, you dont need to add any ferts, they grow faster thats about it.

They are very hardy plants and would grow anywhere with water! Probably one of the easiest aquatic plant I've got. Never seen in an aquarium in Australia before. This is the first time ive released this plant to the public via this forum. Took me about 2 years to have over 5 generations growing extremely healthy under water :)

Mango

MangoR34
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 12:20 PM
Once they are happy in their environment, they will produce stems with small white flowers out of the water. They will then produce baby plants like swords.

When they start to shoot their stems, its best to add fert tablets 2inchs away from the main plant :)

Mr Discus
Mon Apr 14, 2008, 11:46 PM
How would they go in higher 'discus' temps Mango?

I run about 30deg celcius in my discus display tank, do you think a jump of 4 degrees would significantly destroy them?

Thats the only worry I have, that they will turn to mush in higher temps!?!

Ben
Tue Apr 15, 2008, 12:05 PM
Awesome plant, i have some growing in one of my frog tanks.

MangoR34
Tue Apr 15, 2008, 12:13 PM
I havent them potted in my discus tank and they seem to do fine. They are at 29*C at the moment, im sure 30 should do well ;)

Fisherman
Wed Apr 16, 2008, 05:12 AM
Hi Mango,

I would like 3 to Melbourne. Can you email me total price including freight and how I can pay you?

Cheers

Tam

MangoR34
Wed Apr 16, 2008, 12:21 PM
Tam, PM me for details please

Fisherman
Wed Apr 16, 2008, 11:17 PM
Hi Mango,

I can we reach at phamt@az1.bp.com

Cheers

Tam

spotted
Thu Apr 17, 2008, 01:36 AM
Hi Mango,

I would 2 please, I am in fairfield west. when can i pick them up.

Cheers,
Loi

Dangerous Dave
Fri May 16, 2008, 05:52 AM
Hi Mango,

The plants I bought melted within a couple of days. I am want to try them again as they look great. Do you still have any left?

Thanks,

yakfisho
Fri May 16, 2008, 06:12 AM
Hi Mango,

The plants I bought melted within a couple of days. I am want to try them again as they look great. Do you still have any left?

Thanks,

I had the same issue, I suspected poor shipping but maybe it's something else. Good luck if you get some more, they did look good.

Seanyboyrulz
Mon May 19, 2008, 12:20 AM
same here... He said everyone else's was doing fine but thats obviously not the case. Would you be able to supply pics of em actually growing in your tank?

Dan`
Mon May 19, 2008, 02:45 AM
yea i only got one of them, which died. i also got a heap of the sunset hydro stuff he sold around the same time. most of that died too. but he ended up sending me another lot for free which most grew well.

but he hasnt replied to his other for sale threads so im guessing he has done a runner away from all the bad press.

Dangerous Dave
Mon May 19, 2008, 03:27 AM
The hygro has grown well for me, so I am not that disappointed that the other plants didn't last (although they do look good).

He is a decent enough guy as I have dealt with him before. I don't doubt his assertion that he has had them growing in his tanks. Maybe the plants just didn't do well in the post.

Merrilyn
Mon May 19, 2008, 04:47 AM
Let's give Mango some time to reply to these posts before we go thinking anything bad.

And remember, that some plants just don't travel well. I've definately found that out in the past, despite very careful packing by the seller.

yakfisho
Mon May 19, 2008, 04:55 AM
Let's give Mango some time to reply to these posts before we go thinking anything bad.

Absolutely.

And remember, that some plants just don't travel well. I've definately found that out in the past, despite very careful packing by the seller.

Good point. That said I paid for express and got regular, didnt bother me at the time (we all make mistakes) but there seem to be a few people having issues here. Express postage and more careful packing would have saved them I reckon.

On a nice note the hygro has taken off and looks great! Will even need to start trimming soon.

axl
Mon May 19, 2008, 06:38 AM
Ive had the same problem as well they have all melted and died. Obliviously they cant handle the tank temps that we have discus in.

Dan`
Mon May 19, 2008, 07:50 AM

Absolutely.
agreed, tho he has been on msn regularly just not checking/answering in here.

Good point. That said I paid for express and got regular, didnt bother me at the time (we all make mistakes) but there seem to be a few people having issues here. Express postage and more careful packing would have saved them I reckon.

On a nice note the hygro has taken off and looks great! Will even need to start trimming soon.

yea first time he sent them to me he sent them slowmail that took a few days to get here, and they were the ones that died. the 2nd lot he sent for free he expressed to me and these are the ones that are going nuts now. some peices that were 5-10cm are now at the surface of my 2ft deep tank.