PDA

View Full Version : Discus with Angels?

fragme
Sat Apr 12, 2008, 02:47 PM
I am thinking about adding 2-3 discus to to my 2.5 foot aquarium though not sure how they will get along with 3 angels? The Angels haven't been aggressive with other fish only towards each other in the community tank i guess the angels will probably be about 1yr or so old about 8-10cm. Two have paired up and chase the other around a bit just worried that they might stress Discus out. I'm planning to set the discus up in a 4 foot tank when they get a little bigger :lol:

Mr Discus
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 12:30 AM
I have never done it as I don't really like Angels, but I am pretty sure that a high majority of members on here tend to avoid adding discus and angels to the same tank. I believe its due to angels being more boisterous and hogging the food etc.

On ther other hand there are members on here that successfully keep both in a community tank setup. So maybe Merrilyn or someone else who is more angel savvy can clarify this info?

scott bowler
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 12:43 AM
the main prob with it is that angels carry some parrasites that discs dont deal with very well, there is offten a worm in angels that will kill the discus ,
but they are agro as well ,
i also feel that to have discus and angles in a 2.5 ft tank will not give them any room to get away even for a short time .
i wouldnt recommend it at all,
in saying that there are people that have successfuly kept them together it is realy up to you
good luck with it let us know how you go

fragme
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 10:36 AM
I have my answer, think I'll give it a miss for the time being. Thanks for the quick replies :lol: