PDA

View Full Version : All in one aquarium - which one?

blue diamond Pete
Tue Apr 08, 2008, 12:49 AM
Hi all.
I want to buy a new aquarium for my discus (display tank) and keen on the all in one tanks, ie top filter and lighting plus cabinet etc. Looking at 4-5 ft with a nice high front.
Any brands / models better than others?
Overhead filter / lighting adequate? I will still be doing 50% water changes twice a week.
Ease of cleaning? Need to get hand/arms in for cleaning and algae removal etc. without removing the hood/top.
Thanks for your advice.
Pete.

taksan
Tue Apr 08, 2008, 01:42 AM
Hi all.
I want to buy a new aquarium for my discus (display tank) and keen on the all in one tanks, ie top filter and lighting plus cabinet etc. Looking at 4-5 ft with a nice high front.
Any brands / models better than others?

Overhead filter / lighting adequate? I will still be doing 50% water changes twice a week.
Ease of cleaning? Need to get hand/arms in for cleaning and algae removal etc. without removing the hood/top.
Thanks for your advice.
Pete.

At that size your limited to either the Aqua Ones or the Jebo 3126/3150.
Either is a excellent choice but your going to be removing the hood for cleaning (which is easy)
I've got a slight favor towards the Aqua One ...which is strange seeing as I own 2 Jebo 3150's but if I had to choose again I think I'd go Aqua One.

TW
Tue Apr 08, 2008, 03:20 AM
Hi I have had 3 Aqua One tanks, but none of the size you are considering. (Biggest I have now is AR-850, just a little short of 3 foot). It is a good tank, but I agree with Taskan that you really need to remove the hood for cleaning.

Another thing to consider is if you will ever want high light plants, as the Aqua Ones I had were all limiting as far as lighting level. They usually equal only low to medium lighting levels, but that still allows you a nice selection of plants. If you are not into high light plants, this will not be an issue, but it's the reason why I'm slowing changing to glass tanks, where I can choose my own filtration & lighting levels. The AR-850 is the last one to go & it will be shutting down in a matter of weeks.

My Aqua Ones have been good "all in one" tanks. They have never given me any problems. I have not used any other brand though.