PDA

View Full Version : Adios Discus Forums!!!

dntx5b9
Wed Apr 02, 2008, 10:11 PM
Great forum you got here and have been a member for a few years. Got some great help and lots of good info. However, it's time to leave the forum. Despite many good members including Merrilyn, samir, illusn, and others, I had it with one admin who is a rude a*hole that I can't stand anymore. The guy can singlehandedly insult the entire nation and members on the forum as well while abusing his power as an admin. Can't support the group that associate and support such a indecent human being. May be this guy in real life is a great guy, but surely doesn't appear so in the cyberspace. Anyhow, I am going over to simplydiscus.com where people can have disagreements and still all get along.

taksan
Fri Apr 04, 2008, 01:30 PM
Bye Bye .....

Merrilyn
Fri Apr 04, 2008, 01:33 PM
Okay, everyone take a deep breath.

dntx5b9 I don't want you to go anywhere. Is a personality clash worth leaving a forum over ?

I don't expect you to agree with taksan all the time. Heck, I don't agree with him all the time either. You're certainly allowed the freedom to express your opinions, but we can't allow personal insults.

Just keep it civil, and posts won't be deleted.

Remember, we're just a group of people passionate about our fish. Some of us may be a little more passionate than others, but we all have a common goal.

Stick with us. We're really not a bad bunch.

taksan
Fri Apr 04, 2008, 01:47 PM
Indeed the only reasons posts have been removed is the preponderance of insulting and abusive content contained within rather then the opinions expressed. Even opinions which clearly are in conflict with the "best practice" advocates have been allowed to stand provided they were expressed in a civil and non abusive manner.
As for other people banished from the forum I cannot recall anyone being banished except those that sent abusive PM's to advisors.

JoeDiscus85
Wed Apr 09, 2008, 09:49 AM
hows my posts get deleted? This was a hot topic i enjoyed what i had to say, That sucks

Joe